female alopecia
transplants
    Experienced Member

Best Wiglet or pull through topper?

I never had a topper and I am new and would like some advice. What do you feel is the most natural looking topper or pull through wiglet out there? Synthetic or human hair. Thanks!

Experienced Member

Re: Best Wiglet or pull through topper?

Hi,

There is some very nice synthetic hair, although it doesn't
    last as long and its not as real looking to me as European hair.
    I have worn both and I have to say human European hair is by far the most natural realistic hair there is.
    But you have to style and care for European hair like you would your own. But oh its such pretty hair!
    I have thin fine hair ( whats left) and the texture of European hair matches my bio hair very well.
    ...try both ~ its fun to have more then one hair piece or wig...
    I have a very long hair synthetic piece that is total glam and its just for fun, kinda sexy and not practical - but fun for a night out at the bar.
    But I love my Flora hair the mostest! ( its European hair)
    hs

The most natural looking one is the one that is going to best match YOUR hair's texture, wave pattern, etc. Unfortunately, it can take a little trial and error to find that.

What works for one person may not work for another. For example, the beautiful Flora pieces hairscared mentioned? Would NOT work for me. My hair is too coarse for lovely hair like that.

I have two Gemtress toppers, both the same model, and I've found that even between the two of them, one is a better match for me than the other. So again, it's trial and error. I believe they are probably Indian hair.

I found that synthetic pieces didn't work too well for me, personally...because the fiber was a bit too shiny-looking, or perfect-looking, or something, for my hair's natural texture.

Do you have anyplace nearby where you can go to try some on in person? That would be my top suggestion, so you can find what is best for YOU.

Good luck!

Experienced Member

If you are ordering ONLINE.. I would suggest getting a few CHEAP try on pieces to get a feel about how the work. Then if you are OK about the effect... go for quality
    X

Experienced Member

What is website for flora toppers?

Experienced Member

Quote Originally Posted by rainbowdreams
    What is website for flora toppers?
    http://www.designbyflora.com
    She's awesome and will help you thru this difficult process! Good luck!

I agree totally with Angel706. I could never wear fine European hair, and synthetic is too shiny. I have two Gemtress toppers, and the hair is different on both of them, even though they are the same model. I ended up having a couple of custom pieces made. The top is mono with the sides being integrated if I choose. However, I have short hair and I think it would be very tedious and difficult to integrate long hair.

I started out with integration-style toppers (I also have GemTress pieces) and I just don't see the point, at least for me. If it is integration style on the top, you really don't have a "part" - in fact you must pull enough hair through to cover up the mesh. I switched to the mono top - I think it looks more realistic and it much easier - just clip, brush and go.

Lily, how far apart are the spaces on your integration piece? Also, is the hair tied on the mesh enough to cover the mesh? That's the problem I have with my pieces. Not enough hair to cover good on the top where I need it most, but the sides are okay. But for me the look of the top on an integration is more natural looking, because I don't want a part. I just haven't found the ideal one yet.

I would say the square-ish openings are about 1/4" in size. If I wear my integration topper, I give the top of my head a close look in the mirror before going out in it. I like the mono top much better.