female alopecia
transplants

how long does a synthetic wig last if worn daily?

Sorry to bombard you with questions...

just wanted to know how long does a synthetic wig last? i have been wearing mine everyday since march.

thanks girlies.xxxxxxxxxxxx

Re: how long does a synthetic wig last if worn daily?

Mine used to last 3-4 months before I started to become irritated with the frizzies. Part of the longevity depends on the style and length. I found that if there was a lot of hair around the nape of the neck, it tended to be the first to succumb to frizz as there was more friction. The same went for hair that could become trapped under a bag strap on my shoulder etc.

Experienced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vlal
    Mine used to last 3-4 months before I started to become irritated with the frizzies. Part of the longevity depends on the style and length. I found that if there was a lot of hair around the nape of the neck, it tended to be the first to succumb to frizz as there was more friction. The same went for hair that could become trapped under a bag strap on my shoulder etc.
    Same here. The most durable pieces are the shorter styles that don't need combing, like wavy pieces. The more the fibre is touched and handled, the earlier you have to retire the piece.

Experienced Member

I swap mine out all the time and don't wear them everyday but I noticed one ROP wig (permatease, short wig) didn't look as good as its replacement after about month 3/4 if I do that caculation based on how long I wore it rather than how long I owned it. One reason to invest in human hair if you are going to wear everyday is that it lasts longer if it is good quality. However, you better be pretty sure you like the hair and style before you buy as it is a big investment.

That short ROP wig cost me $70 or so....do I really expect it to last forever?My human hair long wig cost me $2500.....I expect 2-3 years from it and I'd expect that even if I were wearing it a lot.

I have an Amore Erin that seems to be perfect. I bought it in October of last year. I do anything in it and it is just perfect.

If I didn't get so bored of styles in such a short time, I'd probably only buy human hair but I like switching!

Martha

To be honest, the reason I wore synthetic was because I had not got spare money to invest in a human hair wig. Even buying synthetic wigs at 50 or 80 was difficult! Of course I would rather have had a genuine EHH hand tied wig, but beggars can't be choosers and synthetics have tided me over some of my worst balding episodes. I do see benefits to synthetic, especially if you are sick, as they are so easy to care for and there is less of a worry because you have invested less. Shake 'n' go.

there are so many variables. i buy a new one every 2 weeks because i feel it looks and feels old. however other customers at my suppliers store think im crazy and say it looks new. its trial and error, style, material, wear and tear, personal preference, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Vlal View Post
    To be honest, the reason I wore synthetic was because I had not got spare money to invest in a human hair wig. Even buying synthetic wigs at 50 or 80 was difficult! Of course I would rather have had a genuine EHH hand tied wig, but beggars can't be choosers and synthetics have tided me over some of my worst balding episodes. I do see benefits to synthetic, especially if you are sick, as they are so easy to care for and there is less of a worry because you have invested less. Shake 'n' go.
    I'd be interested to which ones you are going for at 50.00 - 80.00 ??

Experienced Member
    I used to wear only synthetics, but finally got tired of having to replace them so frequently. I know a LOT of people who can get several months out of one, but I could never manage more than six weeks before it felt like stiff plastic I've recently made the switch to human hair, and while it is SUPER expensive (I've been buying virgin European - OUCH on the price tag and what costly mistakes when we make them!) but I am much happier with HH.