female alopecia
transplants
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Reviews of hair direct, coolpiece, hollywood lace, toplace,

Hi everyone!! I just got my first hair system piece from a local vendor and want to switch to an online company to save $$ and time. Does anyone have experience with the above companies? I haven't placed an order yet, so any advice would be helpful. Thanks!!

Re: Reviews of hair direct, coolpiece, hollywood lace, toplace,

anyone????

I haven't unfortunately. I have "heard on the grapevine" that the hair quality with Hair Direct can be a bit variable, but that is probably going to be the same with most hair piece vendors who are making the types of bases that they do, as they are not meant to last a long time so tend to use processed hair. Have you tried Googling for reviews? You might find that there are more reviews from men using toupee hair systems from these companies than from women.

Hi,
    I haven't purchased anything from those companies but when I was buying tape at a fancy over priced hair restoration salon, well when the guy went into the back to get the tape, I glanced over the counter and noticed a lot of filled orders for a place called Paris Hairworks. I imagine this is their vendor! I am going to call them and ask if they handle a orders for 1 wig.

what kind of piece are you looking for,
    and,
    can you attach yourself?

WAY TO GO, Yardgirl, ha ha ha... BRILLIANT!

I waited to post this because I was waiting on my topper from HD. Now that I have it, I feel comfortable talking about my HD experience.

One the the biggest factors in me choosing HD was their guarantee. Even being a newbie to wearing, I already knew that ordering hair can be challenging and easy to get wrong.

My first topper, from a local salon, was an unusual unit. A smallish base 4.5 x 5.5 with a HUGE amount of hair on it, I think the density must have been in the 150% to 200% range at least. When I was ordering, I asked about base size, should I get a bigger one, but couldn't get any information on this from them. So I ordered the same size base, with normal hair density, and it totally didn't work. The only way a base that small could work for me, I now know, is if it's got that crazy high density. HD suggested a remake with added density, but that one didn't work either, for the same reason. The third time, I'd learned about base size so I increased my ordered base size. It was a crazy time, getting ready to move, coordinating construction, working on the new house. I ordered in a hurry, without a new larger template/mold, so not surprisingly, the unit that arrived was just about perfect, except it totally didn't fit the shape of my head. I thought I might be able to modify it, so I asked HD and they said sure, cut it up, hack it up, and if it doesn't work, you can still send it back. It didn't work, so I made a new mold/template and sent that in for the third remake.

Keep in mind, each of these remakes takes a couple of months, but also keep in mind that each one was at no charge to me. Yes, their guarantee even covers customer mistakes due to ignorance. Most any other place, these would have been very expensive mistakes for me, adding up to over $2K.

Other than the base size thing, the rep at HD was very helpful, answering all of my questions and doing her best to walk me through the process.

I can't comment too much on the hair, since I've had it just under a week so far. It does look nice, it's very fine like I wanted, it looks very natural. It's actually in conditioner right now, it's my first de/re with this unit. It's processed Asian hair, in a few weeks or a month or two I'll know how well it holds up.

I wouldn't hesitate to suggest HD to a friend, mostly because they are a safe choice. They'll cheerfully keep remaking units until they (and you) get it right. Their prices are reasonable, well under the local salons, but well over the bargain outfits. I'd be happy to answer any questions about my HD experience.

Great review Moon! Nice to hear that they are so helpful and would do all those remakes... that's really unusual!! Definitely a "keeper" if the hair quality holds up well.

Experienced Member

To Yardbird-that is an interesting anecdote-I came across Paris Hairworks which has an office upstate New York (I think). They certainly are not expensive so that salon must be charging a hefty markup. From what I remember they strongly encourage that you send them a piece that they can copy. They also give all the directions for doing a template and also sell a set of ready made templates-so maybe that makes them very easy-to-use by small salons. They also would do any version of cap in the range of full lace to thin skin perimeter.But I never followed up with them because I had never heard anyone else talk about them. Interesting choices of hair-included cyberhair.

Pirategirl

Hi there Moon,

I'm fairly new to the forum and was set upon hair integration, but through this forum I'm coming to realise the beneifts of a hairpiece instead, and was wondering how you were getting on with your Hair Direct hair?

Are you still loving it and finding it maintainable?

x