female alopecia
transplants

Thread: Freedom wig...

Experienced Member wishitwouldstop's Avatar

Freedom wig...

Well - I'm going for a consult for a vacuum style - Freedom wig in 2 wks.. They NOW have a rep in Texas (she's in Austin) but is driving to Houston to consult with a few gals. I have a topper - but am losing SOOO much hair that I need to know what my 'next step' is.... I just am not sure if I can do a full wig. I swim, dive, and Houston is just SO hot! This wig allows you to swim and do most anything... the kicker - you have to shave your head for the vacuum to work. I'm a little freaked. It's NOT cheap either..but I know a gal that has had hers 6 yrs...to think what I pay for products, supplements, extensions etc etc... I'd think I'd still be better off in the long run.

Will keep you posted.

Re: Freedom wig...

Good luck W. Maybe you can alternate between a freedom wig and a regular (more breathable) wig for really hot days... I know Texas is HOT!!

I just moved to Houston, not only is it hot its humid the worst combination for bonding. So vacuum is the a workable option.

I have been looking into these quite a bit for the past few weeks.. would love to hear how things go for u at your consult The heat thing seems to be the major drawback...esp for exercise etc. Hopefully it would be bearable.... keep us posted!!
    Being able to swim without worrying would just be fab! From what Ive read many ppl suggest that you should budget for 2 of these wigs since repairs will be necessary and can take 5 months as they are sent to NZ!! That is just shocking money.. !

I have aga so would have to shave my head too... which feels like a pretty big deal at the mo! Also am currently wearing a synthetic wig and sport a buzz cut underneath... but even then I feel the heat when exercising!

I hope it goes great and can tick all the boxes for you.. best of luck

Experienced Member

Many women who don't have a totally bald head, use a human hair wig that has a good mono are, so it has a good area at the front to use tape. And when the hair is wet the mono area looks real.You can go swimming if you use the tape that is waterproof. You can also add some kind of poly material at the ear tabs so that you can use tape at the ear tabs also. I think to make a wig like a gripper or a vacuum cap, stay on firmly, you need to be quite bald. But maybe there are some others who can add to this.

Blue waterproof tape is fabulous but sticky to work with.