female alopecia
transplants

Thread: Google scholars

Experienced Member

Google scholars

Do you guys use google scholars when looking for info about potential treatments ?

Re: Google scholars

There is so much BS on the internet about hair loss (much more than about any other topic I'm aware of) that I consider it necessary to read journal articles and textbooks designed for students and practitioners.

I don't necessarily search for treatments. I search for everything, including causes (since I'm not willing to assume AGA atm).

Google scholar is a little disappointing to me because lots of the articles aren't available in full text and some don't even have abstracts.

Experienced Member

I am aware that there is a lot of abs aof the internet

However I just posted this to talk. The Internet if you know how to filter the information can still be use as a source of information.

I understand you dont take AGA for granted.This was not a post about AGA. AGA is a reality though for many of us. I know for sure it's the cause of my hair loss unfortunately since i respond to antiandrogens pretty well.

Quote Originally Posted by dying curls
    I am aware that there is a lot of abs aof the internet

However I just posted this to talk. The Internet if you know how to filter the information can still be use as a source of information.

I understand you dont take AGA for granted.This was not a post about AGA. AGA is a reality though for many of us. I know for sure it's the cause of my hair loss unfortunately since i respond to antiandrogens pretty well.
    Well that was a strange response. You seem defensive and aggressive, and I don't know why.

I'll leave you to it then.

Experienced Member

(Well...I ve been sending you PMs, maybe you should read them...)

I am very interested in finding what's ahead of us in the field of treatment because so far it's my only hope ...

Hello Dying Curls,
    it seems there are many potential future treatments. Astressin is the latest I've heard of.
    I've discovered the existence of many laboratories working on possible treatments for hair loss and it seems there are a lot of them: Histogen, Aderans, Follica, Replicel, Allergan (Latisse)
    Plus all the laboratories we haven't heard of but that are researching in this field too. For instance, in Singapore, some researchers seem to be injecting a solution made of embryonic stem cells to stimulate hair growth
    http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/ ... 69/1/.html
    I really hope a more efficient treatment will be available in a few years, maybe sooner that what we think.