female alopecia
transplants
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Experienced Member

Re: New photos of my HL

Your front looks really well, so does the rest. Only the part shows a little, but i agree with the flash.

I only use toppik with my bangs now.. I started using it this week. It works well. But still shedding heaps everyday, so i don't know how long i can go with only toppik.

Experienced Member

Your hair looks good...really!! I would switch with you in a heartbeat! I have tons more parts in my hair in the last few wks and it is super scraggly! Yours looks shiny and healthy! Like others said, you don't seem like you need any coverup at this point! I do but I am too chicken to do it quite yet!

I agree with those that say your hair looks pretty good. But it's all relative. I would give my right arm to have your hair right now but there's obviously something going on up there and I can imagine it must be really upsetting. Maybe you always had gorgeous hair (and took it for granted you always would) so any amount of thinning sucks.

The photo diary is a great idea! It helps to see objectively and less emotionally... You might see over time that it's not really getting that much worse and not fear you're going to go bald, or you might see that it's getting better and you dodged a bullet and can relax a bit. Or you might objectively see that it is getting thinner and then get your plans together for how you'll deal with that, if that happens. (pics would be good to show a doctor too)

For now, maybe toppik or other concealers? Jaunty caps might not be a bad idea for the days when you don't want to fuss, or when you'll be sitting with people behind and above you and you might feel self conscious.

If I saw you somewhere and happened to notice your hair, it would only be because I'm OCD about checking out other people's hair. I don't think it would look bad to a casual observer or that anyone would look at you and think "hair loss." IMHO, you're not ready for a topper yet. Toppers are great if there's no other alternative -- but so are false teeth and wooden legs. Maybe try not to rush things.

Sorry if you've talked about this already, but have you tried changing your part to the side? That gave me a good eight months before there was nowhere else to move it to...

Hope toppik is good on you. Some of the before and after pics gals have posted here have been pretty spectacular. Hang in there!

Wow, thanks for the lengthy feedback Janie Ann!
    Yes, I can still pass, but I fear those days are numbered. I've always been a wash and go low maintainance type of girl, so at this point the cosmetic solution is freaking me out more than the hair loss! I may try a side part if I cut it shorter, the bangs are at a side part now, and the bigger part is holding steady. As with so many others, the loss is mostly on the temples, and upper sides.
    Which part of NYC do you live in? I lived there in the late 90's for a few years, West village then Union Sq. Miss it every day!

Quote Originally Posted by electricwarrior
    Wow, thanks for the lengthy feedback Janie Ann!
    Yes, I can still pass, but I fear those days are numbered. I've always been a wash and go low maintainance type of girl, so at this point the cosmetic solution is freaking me out more than the hair loss! I may try a side part if I cut it shorter, the bangs are at a side part now, and the bigger part is holding steady. As with so many others, the loss is mostly on the temples, and upper sides.
    Which part of NYC do you live in? I lived there in the late 90's for a few years, West village then Union Sq. Miss it every day!
    Lengthy! I know. You should have seen it before I edited it, lol. Can't help myself (plus I type fast)
    I live in the West Village -- and worked on Union Square East for years. I miss being across the street from the Greenmarket! Always some action around that park. (most recently NYPD attacking the Wall Street protesters on 12th & University -- trying to start a riot)

Experienced Member

I think your hair looks healthy and thick. I'm sure you notice a difference, but to everyone else, it's beautiful.