female alopecia
transplants
    Experienced Member

light brown spots on scalp?

Hi, I hope this isnt TMI but I have been having alot of pain and itchy int he front of my scalp oddly were most of my loss is noticeable and today I looked up close and see maybe brown spots near the follicle? Has anything else gotten this or know what it can be? It is sore like someone is pulling my hair in the opposite way! Here is 2 pictures I was able to take(didnt know my camera was that good!) Please let me know if you know what this is! Thanks!

PLEASE NOTE~ My hair is wet here, not greasy! lol I put some ACV on it before inspecting it.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Re: light brown spots on scalp?

I just looked at my scalp and found the same thing, except mine are more reddish than brown. I came here and after I stumbled on this I thought it was a picture of my scalp lol because I have the same hair color and texture.
    I have no idea about the spots but they scare me. Let me know if you find out anything about this

Experienced Member

That's funny, I have seen pictures here too and thought it was me. Well that day my head or scalp was really sore in that area, like my hair was being pulled the opposite way. I looked close again and ended up scrapping some of it and it came out. The bottom was almost like a black color. I still have no idea was it is but it is not sore anymore. It seems like it was stuck to my follicle. I have a newer shampoo from the derm and am keeping up with apple cider vinegar rinses and think it will be ok.

Hi Ladies,

There is a dermatological condition that I wanted to make you aware of that involves black dots on the scalp. It's called Tinea Capitis. It is a treatable condition. It can cause hair loss, and it can be itchy with a black dot pattern. Perhaps it would be a good idea to see a dermatologist to rule out a skin condition that may be treatable.

Hope this helps. Good Luck!
    Kristi

Experienced Member
    Ruby, Not sure if you are still on here but are you still having the same problems? I did find out what mine was (so they say!) PM me is you are still around.

light brown spots on scalp?

Hi mycurlyhair,

Not sure if you would check this after such a long time, but could you please tell me the reason and was it treated successfully. My wife also developed similar spots.

Thanks for your help

Sandeep