female alopecia
transplants

Fortune Wigs Mazali Topper Wearers?

Hi everyone,

I believe the time has come for me to purchase my first topper. From what I can see the Mazali topper by Fortune Wigs looks to be a good bet, but I don't think I've seen pictures of anyone wearing one. Your thoughts and opinions are also most welcome! Thanks in advance for any help.

Re: Fortune Wigs Mazali Topper Wearers?

Have you tried searching on here via the search option? I can't remember off the top of my head if there are any pics of members wearing them, although I know there are some of Fortune Mazali wigs on here as at least a couple of members have them.

I was looking at these myself! I really like that their toppers have the wefts around them, I know from experience that the elastic can make a big difference.

The only thing that makes me weary (aside from wearing none european hair) is that they charge 2-300$ to cut it! wtf? I thought spending hundreds of dollars on a hair piece got you a free hair cut along with it! Yeesh.

Theres a board called imamother.com. I think its for Jewish women, but they discuss fortune wigs there quite a bit, some good reviews, some bad. However be advised that they are all talking about the full wig, not the topper.
    I hope to take a trip to NY this month and fortune will probably be one of the vendors I see. If you find any info, please let us know, if not, I will be sure to post my experience.

They will send you a sample topper with a credit card deposit. If I remember correctly, it was very pretty hair, but A LOT of it. I personally thought it was kind if heavy. Hope this helps!

Thanks for the responses, everyone!

I managed to find a few pictures of Mazali wig wearers, but couldn't find any of the topper specifically. The hair on the wigs does look lovely, though.

I think I may just go ahead and ask to have a sample topper sent to me. I dye my hair auburn so will need a custom colour match. I'm so anxious about ordering a topper for the first time, I don't think I could handle the disappointment if it doesn't work out!

Quote Originally Posted by PennyBlossom

The only thing that makes me weary (aside from wearing none european hair) is that they charge 2-300$ to cut it! wtf? I thought spending hundreds of dollars on a hair piece got you a free hair cut along with it! Yeesh.
    That is a lot! Well I especially think that is a lot if one is buying a Mazali topper because it's like paying half the price again to get the thing cut!! I wonder if the sheitel machers around there are any cheaper!?

call me crazy, but i ordered a topper from Fortune a couple weeks ago, sight unseen. i'm kinda impulsive like that. :P

well, the reality is that i've been going back and forth trying to decide between them and samantha (w/yaffa?) on ebay, and ultimately went with fortune because of their customer service and guarantees. i'm sure samantha is wonderful to work with too, but i wanted all the assurance that fortune's guarantees gave me to move forward.

i ordered the mazali BLISS actually, virgin mongolian hair, so it's not been treated except being sanitized. i also had it custom done to be all hand-tied, so no wefts, with the 6x6 silk base. the whole piece is actually quite large, close to 9x10 or something like that (the equiv of asking for 10 wefts added), because my hair loss is all over...

it's an extra $100 for the Bliss version (apparently it has a better scalp too; some customers thought the other mazali scalp didn't look as realistic, Ken said), and an extra $50 for all hand-tied.

i won't get it immediately cuz now's the time all the Jewish gals are ordering their wigs, so everyone's busy (so Ken said). i should get it in a month...

i will absolutely let you all know how it is, and post pics.

...and Vlal, thank you SO much for referring me to Fortune-- it was your info that led me there in the first place!
    Emotional Rx for alopecia:

State: "I am NOT my hair. MY WORTH IS NOT FOUND IN MY HAIR!"

Repeat as needed (no possibility of accidental overdose).