female alopecia
transplants

Question Aveda - Invati treatment.

I just started this new treatment from Aveda that is 97% natural, clinically proven to reduce hair loss. "Invati". Cost me a pretty penny, but anything that is natural is preferable over Minoxidil... I'm currently quitting that and trying this.
    Any thoughts?
    I have heard a lot of good reviews, and my hairstylist swears by the results she has seen. Have any of you tried this before? What were your results?
    cheers.

Experienced Member
    just saw an ad for this yesterday. I was thinking about giving it a try too. I just started a brand called Age Beautiful. It is suppose to reduce hair loss and breakage etc. we will see.

If it is "guaranteed" to stop hair loss, it probably contains minoxidil. Even that doesn't stop hair loss but lengthens the amount of time in the hair life cycle before shedding. I'd be wary of anything over-the-counter that guarantees to stop loss. Usually the ads will use terms such as strengthening hair or increasing volume which means to me the size of the individual hair rather than the amount on your head. But try it for 6 months or so and let us know if this is indeed the cure we've been longing for!

I will definitely let you know! I am looking for better ingredients than "butane" and "propane" to put on my scalp (ingredients in the Costco brand of Minoxidil). If this works, I will be very relieved... This is a system that is based on a very old Ayurvedic tradition of India, and it uses gingseng and turmeric as well as wintergreen salicylic acid to help exfoliate and clear the follicles on the scalp.
    So far, I will say that I am impressed; it has seemed to increase the overall thickness feeling of my hair within two days of use. I could just be seeing the results because of how badly I want them, but my boyfriend mentioned himself that he thought my hair looked a lot thicker. Granted my short use with it thus far, this is not due to new regrowth already, but it has at least made my thin hair look a little more voluptuous and the smell/tingle is most pleasant.
    I'll keep you updated.
    This system is a shampoo, conditioner, and scalp spray system (twice a day).

Neencali, I have not heard of Age Beautiful, but do let us know about your experience with that as well!
    cheers.

Experienced Member
    Hi - I was considering using this as well but if you read the fine print it says *from breakage* or something along those lines. I am considering it though despite the cost as more hair on my head (whether from breakage or loss) is always a good thing. Let us know how it works

Experienced Member
    I am looking into this line as well. Please keep us posted on your experience with it! Thank you!

Just replied at the other thread on this. I've been using since march with Rogaine and vitamins and I am seeing a difference. Not sure which part is working but I am trying them all. This does not have minoxidil in it and it only says it protects from breakage but the scalp treatment really makes my scalp feel good and I like the shampoo and conditioner. I use t sal as well - I go every other day on the shampoo and every on the scalp and conditioner. I think it's a good product line. My hair is shiny and not greasy at all.

Hello, thisisisthejade here - just new profile.

I posted in the other topic as well, but I am taking RaisinCookie's regimen and going to continue doing Rogaine myself as well as the Invati, simply because I have started shedding again and I am scared.

Experienced Member
    Hi - wondering if those using this product has seen positive results? I've been using it since mid-October and my shed has completely stopped. I lose maybe 10-20 hairs for the whole wash, comb,dry routine . I'm not sure if its the invanti system or something else coming into play but now I'm feeling skittish to stop. Since I've been losing hair I always seem to stop shedding in the winter so it could be seasonal as well? I also have a bit of regrowth in my bang area, it seems like my widows peak is coming back.

Problem is that all three products is really expensive and I'm on a tight budget. Has anyone noticed any positive results?

Experienced Member livEyourlife's Avatar
    It seems like Aveda offers free samples (entirely free) and treatments at the salon (with purchase).
    http://invati.aveda.com/offers

Has anyone had any luck with it? And if so, did you use the full treatment set?
    ----