- Last Activity:
- Feb 16, 2021 at 1:57 PM
- Sep 4, 2017
- Likes Received:
- Dislikes Received:
- Trophy Points:
Share This Page
New Member, Female
just joined this year, though my hair loss started 10 years ago! Praying it isn't too late for me. Sep 4, 2017
- worth_the_fight69 was last seen:
- Feb 16, 2021
just joined this year, though my hair loss started 10 years ago! Praying it isn't too late for me.
- My dad is bald, his sisters have some thinning
- No real hair loss on mom's side, though her hair is starting to thin, but she's 60!
- I have 3 sisters and only one seems to suffer from hair loss as badly as I do
- Said sister just started on Rogaine 2 months ago and says she is seeing results, is very encouraging that I start
- I worry that my hair loss is on a larger scale than hers, and that maybe my follicles are dead from a decade of not doing much besides taking Biotin, prenatal vitamins, Nioxin and an occasional hair loss shampoo from Amazon
- I have been using Toppik for several years now, and I'm afraid that it has helped clog my scalp and follicles, but washing it out every day seems impossible because it's so expensive, and now that I use way more I run out more quickly, and it's about $25 for each bottle.
- I was on BC and spironolactone around 8 years ago, didn't really see any change.
- Just restarted spironolactone a few months ago, again: no change
- I have always suffered from excessive body and facial hair, so that's another reason Rogaine scares me
- I was diagnosed with PCOS in 2010 and was taking the BC and spironolactone mentioned above, but I gradually stopped taking them due to no results
- I had bloodwork done in May of this year to see if I had elevated testosterone levels or anything like that but the doctor said my results were normal.
- As I think of more details to add, I will add here. Thank you, to the moon and back, for reading this far and offering any and all advice, tips, suggestions, etc.!