Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

10 Years Of Ups And Downs. Photos Of Current Hair Staye

Discussion in 'Women's General Hair Loss Discussions' started by Sunshine85, Jul 9, 2018.

1. Sunshine85

Sunshine85 Member

Dislikes Received:
    She I literally posted on this board 10 years ago when I noticed my hair thinning. It was till pretty thick then...I miss that hair now lol

My hair stabilized for a period of time. I got pregnant it was thick and amazing and then all fell out. It took about a year but t grew back to my close to my base stabilized hair. It got really thin at one point before mainly because I burned the ends... it grew back decently after that took like 1.5 years though. It never got back my teenage hair but was much better.

I got it highlighted about three months ago and when I went back to get it cut stylist stated it was noticeable more damages. She had to cut a lot off and now is super short for me. I also did noticed my drain clogging every few days a few months ago but didn’t teallt think about it...

Anyway. I always assumed I had Androgenetic Alopecia, but who knows. I have a thyroid condition which I take synthiod for. When I got my hair cut she said my hair at my scalp is thick the ends just break off. So guess no more highlights for me....

Seems odd it grew back decently after the pregnancy hair loss and now seems so thin again. I have been under A lot of stress at work.

Kinda just venting...ugh

Here are pics. What do you think.

#1 Sunshine85, Jul 9, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2018
  2. Sunshine85

Sunshine85 Member

Dislikes Received:
    Deleted disappointed with this forum used to be more active years ago. What happend?

3. Ruth

Ruth Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    I am sorry you feel that way. I sws your pictures earlier and i remember thinking your Hair looks really good.

4. Meliss9

Meliss9 Member

Dislikes Received:
    I didn't see the pics. I've posted so many times on here with no responses and I have NOONE to talk to! No one wants to hear me and my depression with my hair. It effects my very life everything I do.. I can't even enjoy a summer day in pool with my little ones because of how my hair looks on top or front or wet now at all.

5. Ruth

Ruth Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    Meliss. I can relate to feeling depressed over your hair loss. It is such a terrible thing to happen to a woman. And I now how thought consuming it can be.
    I’ve had good success using minoxidil but have noticed in the past few months that my hair was deteriorating slowly and I was feeling quite bad about it also when I was on holiday. Then I decided not to let it ruin any more of my life and just tried not to think about it to much.
    It is such a shame if you cannot enjoy the good things in life because of our hair.
    I know it is easier said than done. But try a treatment that can improve your hair (and if that does not work toppik or a great hat or scarf and Maybe even supplemental hair) and try to enjoy the good things in life. I don’t mean to say that it is not terrible and that you should never think about it. But just try to be happy despite your hair loss. Take care!

6. Sunshine85

Sunshine85 Member

Dislikes Received:
    View attachment 17899
    It can be very depressing. I try not to focus on my loss, but sometimes when I am trying to actually look nice it gets depressing since my hair can never look good. My hair was acceptable to me until recently. However recently the ends are so thin, even after my hair was cut. I am unsure if it is from damage or hair fall. My scalp is still covered and long tail isn’t that skinny, but last four inches are like a 1/3 thick as the rest of my hair.

I am lucky that I have scalp coverage and curly hair so if I put it in a bun it’s not that norciabem, but I used to have gorgeous hair then it turned into nice, now it’s just looks bad and feels awful. Like dry straw at the ends.

My hair is worst st ends if the thickness was the same all the way through I would be happy.