Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

12 Months On ( Pictures Won't Upload!)

Discussion in 'Tell Your Story' started by Anna Butcher, Jan 8, 2019.

1. Anna Butcher

Anna Butcher Member

Dislikes Received:
    I wrote on here awhile ago, I had been suffering with diffuse hair loss. It started in January 2018 after being ill for around 4 months, a bad virus followed by illness after illness. As a swim a istructor, mum of a 3 year old I wore my long THICK hair up all the time, and tbh didn't really look after it. I would have it up in top knot most days and night.

Noticed hair loss in the December of 2017 and that was that, couldn't shower, the anxiety was brutal. Went to the DC's numerous times, saw a therapist finally in June 2018 was told about a Trichologist because all GPs said it would grow back......

All tests where "normal " take by GPs at the time, the Tri took a full back ground check and did the magnified check while showing me on the screen. He said it was T.E and said he want wasn't going to offer any products ect.

Carried on and then around September I was still feeling like it was not getting better, more BAD anxiety came, we have all had the dark days. I tried all locations and posions ect apart form rogain.

Back to the Tri, before I went I had to fight for a blood test for low ferritin. It was 28 and my iron was 33. Tri said this was fairly low, and I should start taking iron tablets. Hubby came with, Tri did another micro camera check and said there where a few miniturised hairs but that's normal... He said I had regrowth all over and it could take 22 months to sort itself out. He said again I had no Androgenetic Alopecia patterns and that he didn't want to offer any rogain. To come back in 6 months.

Tried to take iron but it made me feel terrible so didn't commit. Just decided to deal with hair loss and maybe wearing a wig in the future and also just getting on with life as no one but me and my husband noticed.

This has taken me to now, I'm taking a gentle iron supplement and using natural or caffeine hair shampoo, I get regrowth on top but the sides have been hit so bad, it honestly is diffuse, recently more at the front but my hairline is so so wholey. I have never lost 100s but I do lose alot all through the day. Sorry this is so long,. I just feel deep down it will only get worse but I will live with it! It won ruin my life. Hwas bands are my friends right now. I do get regrowth aswell, just not loads on the side at the moment. And not enough to feel the density is back.

TinaM1968 and Farrah711 like this.
  2. Anna Butcher

Anna Butcher Member

Dislikes Received:
    The last photo was June 2017 2 months before this all began

Attached Files:

3. unefemme

unefemme Member

Dislikes Received:
    Well, FWIW, I would NEVER think that you have hair loss! You have a nice, close part and the rest of your hair looks normal! But, as we all know, only each of us really knows our own hair and loss, so I believe you when you say the you're losing hair.

sunlit likes this.
  4. sunshine21

sunshine21 New Member

Dislikes Received:
    Like yourself I struggled with iron tablets and constipation. Floradix liquid was better, taken with orange juice. However, now I use a teaspoon of chlorella and a teaspoon of spirulina mixed with 1/3 teaspoon of MSM powder. Followed by a sachet of vit c liposomal)My iron went up to 115 in two months. It’s easier to take once you get past the seaweed/pond like type taste!! My ferritin level previously was

sunlit likes this.
  5. sunshine21

sunshine21 New Member

Dislikes Received:
    35. I hope this info helps. I took the chlorella and spirulina in a powder form. Hair loss has reduced. I just have to be patient. Now I’ve started the rice bran extract for growth, keeping fingers crossed. I’m 40 with a head of miniaturised hair, so desperate to hold on to what I have. My hair is fine and thin so using powder to fill in visible scalp areas. Your hair looks ok in the pics but it’s what you see that counts, that doesn’t always relay in pics. Good luck! x

sunlit likes this.
  6. TinaM1968

TinaM1968 Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    I never lost tons either..just a lot throughout the day and I don’t count so I don’t know. Not sure what I have I think maybe cte but idk