Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

24 - started Rogaine 3 months ago

Discussion in 'Tell Your Story' started by justc, Nov 20, 2016.

1. justc

justc New Member

Dislikes Received:
    Hello everyone,

Long time lurker, first time poster. I'm 24 and I've been dealing with genetic hair loss for a few years now. It definitely runs in the family and my mother who is 60 has been hit harder with it. However, to deal with this at such a young age has been devastating.

Around Feb of this year I finally went to a dermatologist to see if anything was wrong. He did all the blood tests and everything came back normal, it was just genetic. He sold me some products from the Ducray by Glytone line. 6 months later and I'm barely noticing anything different.

I took the plunge and have been on Rogaine 5% foam for the past 3 months. I shed quite a bit all the time but I did notice the increase towards the 2nd month. I woke up with 5 hairs on my pillow one day and it was just horrible. Oddly enough, after that day my shedding lessened significantly.

My hair loss seems to be a bit different from others, while my part has widened, it has also extended far to the back of my head. I'm so self conscious about it, I can never leave the house without tying my hair up to hide the bald spot.

In terms of the Rogaine, the decrease in shedding has been a beacon of hope. Although my part is still quite long, my hair overall feels a bit fuller.

I attached two photos of my part: one from Sept when I first started and one recent. Sorry for the decrease in quality with the 2nd photo, I broke my phone and have to use an old one now. You can probably barely tell, but I think the part is moving up just ever so slightly.

I will keep updating with photos. Sending love and hope to everyone else dealing with hair loss as well.

Attached Files:

• Sept.jpg
      Sept.jpg
      File size:
      19.6 KB
      Views:
    • Nov.jpg
      Nov.jpg
      File size:
      26.1 KB
      Views:
  2. hairlosshelp

hairlosshelp Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    Just wanted to wish you luck with your rogaine journey. I started in March this year, it's been 8 months and I've had marginal improvement just cuz the shedding is still just as bad or worse than it ever was. I'm 2 years into shedding now and 26 years old, so I really understand how this feels to be hit with it at such a young age. In many ways, I've just given up and tried to redirect focus to improving other aspects of my life, but it's daunting to still be shedding without a break. I'm glad your shedding is under control! Wishing you the best with this!

3. justc

justc New Member

Dislikes Received:

Thank you, from the bottom of my heart, for the reply. I've never spoken to anyone else besides my boyfriend about my hair loss. I'm so sorry that you're experiencing this too. Wishing you the best of luck as well, and if you ever need anyone to talk to I'm here!

4. dra_dra

dra_dra New Member

Dislikes Received:
    part

I also have the same issue with my hair loss! my part as also extended far to the back of my head! so weird??? however I have noticed in some of my friends they also have a long part but its just their natural one, so I'm not entirely sure if my part has always been like that or I only just noticed it.

5. Fros

Fros Member

Dislikes Received:
    Same with the part !! I am so self conscious about the back of my head is exhausting some days and other days i try not to let it bother me. It's been a year since my heavy hair loss and now I probably have about 1/3 of the hair I had and trying to come to terms with Androgenetic Alopecia.

I haVe been taking hair vitamins, biotin, zinc and vitamin c in the hopes that the hair loss would stop. It has lessened a lot but I don't know if the vitamins are helping or it's just a pause before I lose the rest of my hair.

I have also also seen some regrowth in the sides at the top where I had first started losing my hair.

but what bothers me the most is the part widening and that it goes really all the way at the middle of the back of my head.

I have an appointment with my doctor next week and I think I will try t convince him that I am ready to go on rogaine ....

i am just so scared of the shedding that will start again. :(