Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

25 years old noticing a lot of VERY thin thready hair all over scalp

Discussion in 'Teens and Twenties Alopecians' started by LPJ, Dec 14, 2014.

1. LPJ

LPJ Guest

Hi guys,

I am 25 years old. When I was 14 I suddenly started losing hair by the handfuls. This lasted a couple years and then eventually stabilized, my hair even got healthy but never back to its original thickness. I am 25 now and have noticed that over the past two years my hair has thinned (my ponytail is about half, the hair on the sides are thin and now my crown which was always the area with thickest hair is also getting thinner). I have always shed more hair daily than most people but have also had periods of average shedding. What's worse, after reading up on Androgenetic Alopecia I'm combing meticulously through my hair and yes I have a lot of very small, thin thready strands along with some normal regrowth.

I'm waiting for a derm consult but was wondering has anyone else experienced something similar? It's so depressing, really to think this might be Androgenetic Alopecia. Has anyone here experienced these sickly looking hair being reversed to normal?

Thanks.

2. DeeK

DeeK New Member

Dislikes Received:
    thinning hairline!

Hi!
    I had really thick hair growing up, i always felt like it was the most perfect thing about me. I'm 20 years old my hair has started falling by the handful, my crown has a receding line and my middle part is growing wider by the month. Haven't seen any new hair growing either.I oil my hair religiously but it causes extreme hair fall. I use egg once a week, and even tried using onion juice but gave up after a couple of weeks its like nothing works. and i'm worried and scared and my parents think its because my studies are too hard but nobody has offered to do anything about it. any help/insight would be much appreciated!

3. xanaxtips

xanaxtips New Member

Dislikes Received:
    www.xanaxtips.com

Hair thinning and hair fall at the age of 25 is quite common these days. This might cause of various reasons depression, anxiety or panic attacks.
    The best way to get over this problem is to go though proper medication both depression and hair fall rescue.
    www.xanaxtips.com

4. DisTressing

DisTressing Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    I am going to guess you are probably already getting your thyroid checked. Have you checked for PCOS as SarahS recommended - what is your skin like? Any acne at all? If you didn't speak to your gyno about hair loss, I think you should ask about polycystic ovarian syndrome. The thin strands that you are noticing could also be miniaturization, but that does happen with CTE also. If you have dry, flyway or brittle hair, yes this will eventually become normal. The miniaturization doesn't repair itself, so it needs to be identified and treated to halt the process. Family history is always taken into consideration...has anyone in your family suffered from Androgenetic Alopecia? It isn't a guarantee if they didn't, it's just another consideration in your favor. Hope that you will keep updating this group. I am no expert but you are bound to hook up with someone here who has been down the exact same path.