Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

29 With Androgen Alopecia Needs Help

Discussion in 'Tell Your Story' started by Kirsten, Jun 28, 2019.

1. Kirsten

Kirsten New Member

Dislikes Received:
    15 months ago I had my daughter. When I was 8 months pp I started having bad depression and then a month later noticed my hair was thinning. Everyone told me it was from the baby and it would grow back. I was too concerned so I went to a dermatologist who said it was female pattern hair loss, and “at least I had a husband.”

This was 4 months ago. Since then I’ve been a total basket case. My hair in those 4 months has gotten remarkably worse. I started taking 100 mg of spirolactone and felt really hopeful but it’s been 2 months and it’s continuing to get worse. Should I keep taking the Spironolactone for the 6 months or should I stop? I didn’t expect crazy regrowth on Spironolactone but I didn’t expect it to get so much worse so quick.

Everyone keeps saying it’s my weight or something else but I’ve been tested and nothing is wrong.

I used to have the thickest hair. Everyone would comment on it. I’ve lost at least half of it in a matter of 8 months. I’m so sad.

2. AMF927

AMF927 New Member

Dislikes Received:
    Hi Kirsten, even though our stories and hair loss “triggers” are different I just want you to know you are not alone. I now have Female pattern hair loss after a telogen effluvium shed from birth control and it sucks big time. Some days I feel more accepting and others I just want to hide in bed all day. I’m sorry I don’t have an answer for you because I’m still searching for one myself. I first noticed my hair loss in April 2018 and I have literally wasted the last year of my life worrying and obsessing over my hair (or lack thereof). Just know we can be on this unfortunate journey together. You are never alone ❤️

MeliM likes this.