Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

29 yr old - Hormone Results

Discussion in 'Tell Your Story' started by ashleemae, Dec 16, 2016.

1. ashleemae

ashleemae New Member

Dislikes Received:
    Hey Ladies, I posted a week ago but I thought I'd post results from my hormone tests to see if anyone has insight (because we are smarter than doctors :))[TABLE="class: grid, width: 500, align: left"]
    [TR]
    [TD][/TD]
    [TD]Result[/TD]
    [TD]Reference[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD]Creatinine
    [/TD]
    [TD]0.73[/TD]
    [TD]0.50-1.00[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD]Estimated GFR[/TD]
    [TD]>60[/TD]
    [TD]>59[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD]Follicle Stim. Hormone[/TD]
    [TD]3.6[/TD]
    [TD]1.5-10[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD]Luteinizing Hormone[/TD]
    [TD]5.1[/TD]
    [TD]0-19[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD]Prolactin[/TD]
    [TD]9[/TD]
    [TD]3-23[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD]Testosterone[/TD]
    [TD]0.12[/TD]
    [TD]0.07-0.60[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD]DHEAS[/TD]
    [TD]57[/TD]
    [TD]35-430[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD]17-OH Progesterone[/TD]
    [TD]0.7[/TD]
    [TD]<2.8[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]
    . Kind of confused because the endo did not test estrogen but I feel like I have all of the signs of estrogen dominance. These were drawn on day 24 of my cycle so I'm going by the reference range of the Luteal Phase. It seems like everything is within range. He also said that the Spironolactone I started last month will likely not help. Hmmm.

2. ashleemae

ashleemae New Member

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks Nes, I thought it seemed low too. I'm going to slowly ween myself off of the Spironolactone (I've only been on a month). It's making me nauseous anyway. I'm leaning towards TE still too. I just added in fish oil, collagen peptides, and digestive enzymes to my mix so I'm hoping everything will kick in some day soon.

3. LosingHope

LosingHope New Member

Dislikes Received:
    Curious

Do you have oily skin or hormonal acne?

4. ashleemae

ashleemae New Member

Dislikes Received:
    @losinghope... yes! both! I have always had oily skin and my skin has cleared up beautifully with Spriro (it took less than a week)... So these results are kind of confusing

5. LosingHope

LosingHope New Member

Dislikes Received:
    Hmmm interesting... Currently I have high DHEA (3x normal amount) and my total testosterone is around 2 and my free is so low that it was not measurable! When I quit the pill 3 years ago, it spiked then too and they put me on Spironolactone and hair and skin were fine and DHEA went back to normal. My hair loss started when I decided to get on ortho cyclen along with the 50mg Spironolactone - 3 months later major shedding that lasted quite a while and leveled off. Trying to fix it, went to a dr who told me to quit Spironolactone. Face got oily again, cystic breakouts and got bad headaches. Within 3 months hair was bad and could see scalp. Now I'm on 150mg Spironolactone and added Yasmin and hair looks so so so bad. I'm wondering if it's too much estrogen or suppressing too much T? Tho with Androgenetic Alopecia, which is what they think I have (but refuse believe it can go to crap THIS fast) it's not the amount, it's the sensitivity. Spironolactone does help my face a lot tho.. no breakouts since upping to 100mg.

Best of luck and if you happen to see any similarities w my story please respond!! :)

This is tough. Worst times of my life for sure. I can't concentrate on anything other than wondering if I'm doing more harm with current approach. Obsessed and growing anngrier more every day.

6. LosingHope

LosingHope New Member

Dislikes Received:
    @ashleemae

I know this has been one thing after another for me. I always said I'd do anything to no have ugly large breakouts but losing my hair was not what I had in mind. Don't know why the universe has destined me to ugliness :(

If you see improvement on the hair front, please do let us know! Godspeed to folicles everywhere.

Did you have a biopsy?

7. ashleemae

ashleemae New Member

Dislikes Received:
    @LosingHope, what a roller coaster. That sucks! I think you're absolutely right about hormone fluctuations. I would stick out whatever regimen you are on now... maybe you're sensitive to hormonal changes but would be OK if things were consistent? In July, when I first saw my derm for hair loss, she said that I needed to get on a hair friendly pill or off BC entirely but whatever I chose I had to stick with my decision for ONE YEAR.

I ended up cancelling my appointment for a scalp biopsy because I wanted to see what my blood tests revealed first. I also don't highly suspect Androgenetic Alopecia... esp now that I see how low my T is (I doubt it was in a high range before starting Spironolactone last month). Along with initially low Ferratin and Vit D, I think my TE the past couple of years has been from testing out different BC's (and having no idea that fluctuating hormones affected hair loss while doing it - D'oh!), and then finally getting off of Loestrin in July. hair loss was tapering until I started Spironolactone and Rogaine last month.

I do feel like I have extreme PMS and a likely higher than average estrogen to progesterone ratio...so I wonder if we have the same thing going on with a possible high estrogen and suppressed or low testosterone.

I'll keep you posted on how I'm doing with my Rogaine addition and what I end up doing with Spironolactone. And hey-- the Universe has not destined you to be ugly, I promise! Our bodies will find their ways if we are patient and compassionate towards them. Sending you positive vibes!

8. LosingHope

LosingHope New Member

Dislikes Received:
    I'm very angry lately. I think it's the addition of Yaz. And I wonder if the Spironolactone is making The shed worse? I just went to get my hair highlighted (what's left of it) and my hairdresser said she's never see anyone lose that much hair that fast (4 months). Let me know what you think of the Rogaine. I've done the 5% nightly for 3 months exactly and really see no difference but I'm still shedding more than ever and am thinner than ever so prob a bad time to determine if it has done anything other than give me dandruff and maybe lose more hair. Thinking of quitting but not sure if more damage would be done.

Best of luck to you too. I can't take much more of this. I'm at my end.

Hope you have some happy holidays.