Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

30, Diffuse Thinning, Androgenic Alopecia

Discussion in 'Tell Your Story' started by Aly_christina, Dec 30, 2019.

1. Aly_christina

Aly_christina New Member

Dislikes Received:
    Hi Everyone,
    I have decided to join this group as I'm at a point where I feel so alone and helpless in this journey. Reading all the support and success makes me feel a bit better as each day passes.

My hair loss started when I was 19 after my mother passed away and continued for 6 or 7 years until I noticed it was actually getting a bit better and I wasn't thinking or looking at my hair everyday. I recently had a baby and decided to start rogaine. Between the dread shed and post partum hairloss my hair is at the worst it has ever been. I dont want to go out, I look and obsess over my scalp constantly wondering if rogaine will make me go completely bald. I want to stick with it as I'm only 5 weeks in and hoping the shed will stop. This is the state of my hair as of today (picture attached) I'm embarrassed and heartbroken that it has come to this point.

I'm hoping in time I will see some improvement, but right now every hair falling off my head puts me in panic mode. Thank you to everyone who has been so brave telling their stories as it has inspired me to tell my own.

Attached Files:

2. Jenna

Jenna New Member

Dislikes Received:
    I’ve not used rogaine but do have hair shedding. Blood tests reveal it’s not androgenic alopecia and docs don’t know why. It grows extremely fast. I go into see my hairdresser every 5 weeks for color and they always say they can’t believe how fast your hair grows. I’m still at the point where I can put a curling iron to it and put it up and nobody notices except me. However, I’ve purchased a bunch of wigs and really don’t care if I have to wear them. They are beautiful and human hair. My suggestion to you is look into hairalicious, uniwigs and moramoda. These are excellent places to purchase hair but are a little pricy. Also, check out amazon because they have some very nice full lace human hair wigs for under $300. The other 3 places I mentioned are pricey, at least $1000. It sucks having to go through this but there really isn’t much we can do but deal with it or wear wigs.

3. sunshine21

sunshine21 Member

Dislikes Received:
    I'm sorry for your journey, I know it well. My hairloss has been on and off, triggers being births, operations, stress and the loss of my father. Iron and vitamin d deficiencies have come up during blood tests, supplements have definitely helped.

I believe a good multi vitamin and omega supplements have stabilised hair loss. The process is slow and patience is definitely required!! I currently do daily scalp massages and found that it eases tension, helps me to sleep better and increases blood circulation in my scalp - a combination of which has dramatically reduced hair shed. I don't use heat or products with paraben, silicones or sls. Look up the curly girl method.
    During the summer I often have a covering as my scalp burns, during winter I wear hats to prevent head colds and falling poorly. I hope the above may be of use to you.