Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

30's Androgenetic Alopecia transplant was not a success -updated

Discussion in 'Hair Transplants for Women' started by applebox, Mar 26, 2010.

1. Deirdre

Deirdre Senior Member

Dislikes Received:
    so sorry - how devastating to spend all that money and go through the procedure itself- not fun. But I guess maybe if you hadn't done it you would always wonder if it would have worked? I think the transplant surgeons should be much more forthcoming with results to expect- positive and negative. I know when I had fillers injected I felt like I was agreeing to every possible complication that could occur and not holding them responsible. But thanks for letting us know the outcome. When I saw all the ads it looked great but then reading comments here made me think again.

2. MUSTANGSALLY

MUSTANGSALLY Guest

Re: New pics - I went for it! 30's Androgenetic Alopecia.

Applebox - Well, I have to report that when I wrote you my story on November 4, 2010 my hair transplant was a success until recently. From November 4th - May 16th I have started loosing some transplanted hair and was starting to panic again. Went back to my derm. who did a scalp biopsy and confirmed I now have Areata Alopecia. What a rollercoaster ride this has been for me. I had a transpplant on my receeding hairline and I have lost the hair only on one side. The derm. told me that's why the transplant was not successful; because I have aerata alopecia. He told me I have a mild case; he said we have to get rid of the inflamation on the scalp to stop the hair from falling out; oh great. Now he has me on clobex shampoo and clobex lotion for the scalp; he said we have to now make the hair come back in. I have one spot at the back of my head where I have lost a little hair. He told me to come back in three months and if this does'nt work then we start with the steriod injections. Will post in 3 months and let you know what is going on. One good thing I noticed was when I rub the area that is missing hair I feel some fuzzy hairs coming through and the derm confirmed there are hairs coming throug; thank god. We will see what happens.

3. Deirdre

Deirdre Senior Member

Dislikes Received:
    Oh my gosh- what a nightmare! Who would have guessed Alopecia Areata after a transplant. Hope things work out.

4. namaste8

namaste8 Guest

Applebox, I just wanted to thank you for sharing. I had chemo, and at almost 2 years later, the top and hair line is still not thick like the back and sides- it's diffuse thinning and I think it's permanent. Anyway, I was so close to gettting a transplant, but don't think I will after reading your posts.

I am so sorry this happened to you, but wanted to let you know that your posts have helped someone else to avoid going through what you went through.

5. LaurenEinFL

LaurenEinFL Guest

Thanks for sharing Applebox--wondering how you are doing now?

6. ChristineM

ChristineM Guest

Hi MustangSally,
    Could you please tell us who your doctor was?
    Thanks!

7. Rafaela

Rafaela Guest

Thinking about a transplant and need help.

Hello there! I am literally in your same situation , I am in my 30's and I've been with this alopecia nightmare for about 7 or 8 years.:(
    I am so tired of this that I am (for the first time) thinking about having a hair transplant. I know it is not an easy road , but I don't want to be bold , so what other choices do I have? Rogaine is not working for me. I've been using Rogaine 5% for almost a year and nothing! I would love to know how are you doing now? I see your post is from 2010. Do I have some hope? Thank you so much for your time!
    Rafaela.

8. Lily

Lily Senior Member

Dislikes Received:
    Hair transplant is difficult for women with Androgenetic Alopecia because the hair loss is diffuse, maybe more on some parts of the scalp, but the whole scalp is affected. So there is no sure "donor area" like men have. If a woman has male pattern hair loss, perhaps she would fare better with a transplant.

9. Rafaela

Rafaela Guest

Thank you for your answer! :) It was very helpful!

10. Wherezmyhair

Wherezmyhair Guest

Curious

I've been reading about your story and feel so sad. Do you know if your doctor Checked to see if you had miniaturization of your hairs around transplant site? Please respond. I am debating whether or not to take the risk myself.

11. mommybetts

mommybetts Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    It's been a long time since your initial post. How are you doing now? Looks like you have been through the ringer with the ups and downs and then to find out it was Alopecia Areata. :(( I hope you are doing well emotionally above all else.