Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

38 male-pattern alopecia since teens wig wearer.

Discussion in 'Tell Your Story' started by Porshiana, Nov 1, 2013.

1. Porshiana

Porshiana Member

Dislikes Received:
    Hello. I've had hair loss for so long now I'm past the shock a and horror. I've improved with different methods over the years. Bleached hair, colored hair spray, makeup on scalp, baseball caps, clip on pieces, and various wig types. Now using a lacing lace front.

2. Sefie

Sefie Guest

Hi there! I've been struggling with hairloss for just 2 years and half and I'm not past the shock and horror. I really admire people like you. I can only hope that it gets easier later (in case rogaine doesn't work).

3. Porshiana

Porshiana Member

Dislikes Received:
    aw thank you. im sorry to inform you, but rogain seldom really works. i mean those statistics about regrowth are inflated. most ppl that "saw regrowth" are actually like me... i gained quite a few "peach fuzzes" that were blond and barely visible like the hair on my arm. M iss 2 days of rogain n u lose it all and start over. it just isnt worth it. ive never heard of a single case of anyone regaining a head full of hair. I wish you the best luck. my advice is go out now and visit Local wig stores and try some on. it cant hurt. it will take away some of the fear later if u do decide to get one.

4. JeHope

JeHope Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    Porshiana, I'm sorry that rogaine did not work for you, but your wrong in saying that it seldom works. It has worked wonders for me and many, many other women on this forum. Selfie, I highly recommend trying it. It is a commitment and you do have to use it every day, but it's definitely worth it.

5. Porshiana

Porshiana Member

Dislikes Received:
    really? i only know 4 women with genetic hair loss. 3 grew peach fuzz and nothing more like me. The other one swears she saw nothing. idk. maybe it was just the luck of the draw or coincidence.

6. jacqui77

jacqui77 Guest

Porshiana..
    I'm about your age(36) and was diagnosed AT when I was 18. Since I lost my bio hair, I only get a few "whispies" that only hang around long
    enough to get noticed, then depart.

Jacqui