Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

5% Minoxidil Progress With Pictures, Monthly Updates.

Discussion in 'Treatments for Androgenetic Alopecia' started by Aly_christina, Jan 30, 2020.

1. Aly_christina

Aly_christina New Member

Dislikes Received:
    Hi everyone,

I wanted to share my experience with 5% Minoxidil in the last month. I wanted to note that the first picture from December was after a lot of shedding. Knowing the side effects I wanted to stick with it, although it was really tough to see so much hair fall out.

So far, I think it has been going well, I do see a bit of regrowth in the front as well as some filling in the crown. I'm still shedding long hair, however I don't think it is as much as it was when I first started in mid November.

I thought I would continue to update each month as I know this process can take quite a bit of time. But so far I do see some positive results.

(Both pictures are with clean dry hair in same lighting)

Attached Files:

SomeoneSad and The Chook like this.
  2. SomeoneSad

SomeoneSad New Member

Dislikes Received:
    Hi,

I think I do see some improvment for you :)
    I used to apply minoxidil, then stopped and now I scared to do it again because I fear the shedding :(
    Another bummer is the hypertrichosis associated to it, it's really anoying. Do you apply twice a day, 12h apart ?

3. Aly_christina

Aly_christina New Member

Dislikes Received:
    The shedding was quite alarming, plus I am post partum so I had shedding from that as well, but once I saw hair coming in I started to trust the process and pushed through. I just apply it once a day usually at night a couple of hours before bed.

SomeoneSad likes this.
  4. dancer4925

dancer4925 New Member

Dislikes Received:
    I have had a lot of anxious feelings about starting and sticking to using minoxidil. Your post is inspiring to see, thank you for sharing! I think your progress looks really good.

SomeoneSad likes this.
  5. Aly_christina

Aly_christina New Member

Dislikes Received:
    Of course! I had mixed feelings as well as i knew if I started it was a long term commitment. I'm happy to share my experience if it helps anyone, even though everyone's experience can be different.

6. Aly_christina

Aly_christina New Member

Dislikes Received:
    Since we are at the end of the month I thought I would post another update. I must admit I did color my hair with a semi permanent dye a couple weeks ago so this may not be the best representation. I thought I would update anyway as I feel there is still hair coming in, I have also had a lot less shedding (thank goodness, I thought it was never going to end). Just to recap, th picture from December was post a month and a half of shedding from starting minoxidil 5%.

Attached Files:

The Chook likes this.