Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

5% Rogaine for Women in Canada/Oral minoxidil

Discussion in 'Women's General Hair Loss Discussions' started by hairlosshelp, Jul 7, 2015.

1. hairlosshelp

hairlosshelp Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    Can any Canadians here let me know where they purchase the 5% Rogaine foam and how much is it? I started using Rogaine in May but stopped because I realized I couldn't really afford to continue using it for the rest of my life at the price of $50/month's supply. I've seen some retailers in the States sell it for the same price but for a 4 month supply instead! None of those retailers ship to Canada and even in places like Walmart where it costs that month for a 4 month supply, the same price will only get you a 1 month supply in Canada. And supposedly we have the better health system. Is there a way I can get OHIP to cover it by showing the psychological impact hair loss has had on me?

So that brings me to Oral minoxidil...if I can get someone to prescribe it (already going to assume that there's a <0.1% chance), is this covered by our health insurance?

2. ChrissyB

ChrissyB Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    Hairloss, Shoppers Drug Mart has the Womens' Foam. It is on sale this week for $ 54.00. I believe that is a two month supply. It is regular priced $ 78.00. Make sure you have a Shoppers Optimum Card to use. It will earn alot of points and you will be able to get it free some months.

3. hairlosshelp

hairlosshelp Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks ChrissyB! I wish I could buy a lifetime supply for that amt. I have no idea why it's more expensive here than in the US...