Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

A really bad day and messed up cycles?!

Discussion in 'Girl Talk!' started by Jenk, Jan 11, 2015.

1. Jenk

Jenk Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    I am 45 years old. I went of loestrin last January. I started losing some of my hair in April with the big shed starting in the first week of July. Because loestrin stops you from having a period it took about 6 weeks for me to get my period back. Since that time it's been pretty regular - running at either 25 day cycle or a 30 day. Last month a small side job I had taking a little boy to school, had the mother changing the hours on me to get the child VERY early. For a month I helped her out but I wasn't getting decent sleep all month and I had to tell her I couldn't keep that schedule. Then it was approaching my period. I had all the symptoms but strangely nothing happened. All week off and on I would feel like it was going to happen and then nothing. I left to go to my families house for Christmas really distressed about it. I should have had it on Dec 18th for a 25 day cycle - but I got it Dec 26th finally. So, pretty upset about it being off. First because it's going to screw with your hair and second because I seriously can not face menopause right now. I had a long term illness in my 30s because of doctors misdiagnosing and over medicating me and I lost a huge and crucial section of my life. I only just got done with 2 years of school and finding no one wants to hire someone with a 2 year degree and esp not my age... and now I have lost my hair. I have tried to make peace with the fact that I wont have one child.

Now for some reason this month I started today. The 11th. This would have been the right day IF I had my period on the 18th - like my body was trying to. Between Christmas and New Years I've had a family member in the hospital in ICU with leukemia, and my boyfriend has been a jerk lately so I have been very stressed. So, is it a better sign that I had my period where I should have if I had the period my body was trying to on the 18th? or should I have had a new cycle starting from the 26th when I had my period. I have no idea what to think about all this and I don't have an appointment with the GYN until Feb. I am so upset I've cried all day. My boyfriend will be arriving tomorrow and he's never seen the hair yet. I am really upset about this period thing. The only time I had a period kind of early was when I was stressed because the doctor told me I had Androgenetic Alopecia for the first time.

Does anyone know what the cycle should be in a case like this?

Thanks for any reply

Jenk

2. echo

echo Member

Dislikes Received:
    I would think it's a good sign your period came this month when it was supposed to. If I'm very stressed, my cycle gets thrown off. Could it be the stress of the holidays and everything else just had you messed up for one month? Unless it starts happening frequently, I wouldn't stress too much about it, or else that in itself could lead to your cycle being messed up again.

3. Jenk

Jenk Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    Yes- Well, I just don't know if you are supposed to be counting this cycle from the first day of the late period.. or because my body has been having 25 day cycles - this is the day that period would have normally come. However, technically I didn't bleed until Dec 26th and this is Jan 11th so that is only 17 days, but today would be the right day IF I actually had the period on Dec 18th like my body was trying to. Between New Years and now has been very stressful. I hope you are right Echo. I will try calling this new doctors office in the morning and asking the nurse.