Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

A Word of Caution

Discussion in 'Girl Talk!' started by Joann, Mar 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joann

Joann Moderator

Dislikes Received:
    Hi Girls,

First of all I would like to say that I honestly believe that everyone in this community has a sincere desire to support and help each other.

However, I have become increasingly concerned about a couple of messagethreads here talking about low stomach acid and it's effect on hairloss.

I realize that is up to each individual to make decisions over how to treat their hairloss. I know what it's like to see hair shedding on a daily basis. It makes one desperate to find a solution. In this frame of mind it can be easy to want to adopt the treatment plan that another person feels had an impact on their hairloss.

That's the danger of posting a thread called "The Cure" It's going to grab the attention of everyone who is affected by hairloss.

I'm glad for each and every person who sees an end to their hairloss. However, it does not follow that every person with hairloss who increases their stomach acid is going to see a halt to their loss and regrowth. I only wish it were so simple.

There is a danger too if one decides to self treat without first speaking to someone with a medical degree. As frustrated as some of you may become with your doctors and derms at least they have gone through years of training to get those degrees.

What if your body does not really need extra stomach acid? Can you imagine what you would be doing to your stomach if this was the case?

We also have nothing in the way of real proof even in the people who say it was their "cure" Cures are found when clinical trials monitor results in a placebo group as well as a group taking the real thing.

I'm not trying to shoot anyone down but as volunteer moderator here I would be neglient if I didn't caution everyone here to be very careful what they are willing to put into their bodies on the basis of hearsay.

At this point in my own hairloss journey I no longer seek help or support for myself. I'm here solely because I care and want to help hairloss sufferers in hopes of sparing them some of the grief & despair that I have been through. I don't want anyone to feel alone or isolated as I was.

I want to show everyone here what I did to myself ,albeit unknowingly, because I was told a treatment was "safe". This treatment was only applied topically to my head . This is what is happening and what I look like almost 10 years after discontinuing the treatment.

Please, please be careful girls.

Hugs,
    Joann

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.