Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

Advice On Wearing Hair - First Time Hair Wearer

Discussion in 'Wigs, Extensions, Toppers & Hair Systems' started by mem0307, Sep 28, 2018.

1. mem0307

mem0307 New Member

Dislikes Received:
    Hi everyone!

I was posting in hopes that I could find some on advice on wearing hair for the first time. My hair loss is diffused throughout my entire scalp, and continues to worsen. It is most severe on my frontal hairline, so I would like to find something that I can create the most natural possibly hairline. I have taken serious consideration into a Cesarre Raggazzi, but my stylist did not think that it would the best fit until my hairloss get worse. Saying right now it would “ruin my self confidence” (that’s comforting right)
    Anway, I’ve started to look into other toppers. If anyone has experience with a hair piece (topper or wig) that gives them their life back, please let me know! Thank you x10

2. Maasai

Maasai Member

Dislikes Received:
    Hi mem0307,

I'm also going the hair wearing route, and put in a custom order from Highline wigs. I have diffuse thinning, but mostly on top, temples and front hairline. I'll let you know how it goes when I get mine (probably in December - that's how long it's taking for a custom order).

3. wishingitweredifferent

Dislikes Received:

4. wishingitweredifferent

Dislikes Received:
    Hi mem0307,
    I was in the exact place that you are presently. I was able to put in extensions, but I know that it wouldn't be long before I needed something to really help me. I faced this situation head on. While I still have hair, albeit VERY thin and nothing like it used to be, I did research on hairpieces. I felt that I had to take the offense and I am so glad I did. I went to Dov Salon in NYC for a consultation and to look at the hair pieces. I went somewhere locally first, but I felt that the shop did not really understand what I wanted and what really looked good on me. I thank the stars above that I did go to Dov. He placed a topper on me. At first, it felt a little strange, but he assured me that after styling it would be great. He was SO correct. He put in highlights and cut layers around the face. It is undetectable!! In fact, the following week, I had an appointment at the University of Pennsylvania Dermatology Department to discuss the alopecia. The doctor did not even know that I was wearing a hairpiece, and put the salon in the files for women who need wigs or toppers. He is expensive, but having a topper that is made from human European hair that is completely undetectable has completely changed my life. I can never thank him enough!

#4 wishingitweredifferent, Oct 15, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2018
  5. Deirdre

Deirdre Senior Member

Dislikes Received:
    I also have toppers that I got from Dov and no one knows I am wearing them. Wearing bangs helps with the front hairline issue, plus I have such a high forehead I have to have some hair on part of it!

6. Cala

Cala New Member

Dislikes Received:
    What kind of bangs do you wear? And do you have layers ?