Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

Alopecia Areata and me

Discussion in 'Newly Diagnosed Alopecians' started by Filipinaako, Mar 22, 2012.

1. Filipinaako

Filipinaako Guest

Hello every1, im april , filipina and currently in lawrence kansas.

I was told by my fam. Doctor i had Alopecia Areata in december 2010.i went to a derma a week later and had same diagnosis. He right away injected me on my bald spots. I was injected until march of 2011. My hair has since grow back until now but still had itchy scalp from time to time. My hair still shed but i dnt wanna worry anymore. I am on lexapro too for i have developed mild depression on the outset of my Alopecia Areata.

I just want to inspire everyone that we can beat Alopecia Areata. I now appreciate any hair that grows in my scalp, black or grey.

2. Joann

Joann Moderator

Dislikes Received:
    Hi April,

Thanks for coming back to share the good news.:) I'm so happy to hear about your recovery from Alopecia Areata.

I always say it is a frustrating and unpredictable condition but one where there is a lot of room for hope. So often it does resolve itself eventually.

I hope that you never have to experience Alopecia Areata again.

Hugs,
    Joann

3. Filipinaako

Filipinaako Guest

Thanks joann. I hope so too, for now i am enjoying it and knows how to handle stress in life.

4. pinkberry38

pinkberry38 Guest

Hi Filipinoako. We emailed on yahoo a couple years back and I didnt hear from you. I'm glad to see you here and am happy that you are now fine. My alopecia has not returned (knock on wood) but from time to time, I can't help myself from checking for any bald spots. For now, I'm content :) Take care.