Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

Am I the only one?

Discussion in 'PCOS Community' started by kaylee, Apr 24, 2008.

1. kaylee

kaylee Guest

Am I the only one with PCOS on here!???

2. mjh

mjh Guest

Re: ??

I have PCOS.

3. kaylee

kaylee Guest

Oh really I had no idea! What treatments are you on?

4. alicat

alicat Guest

I have PCOS

5. angieangie

angieangie Guest

I thought I had it but my doctor realized that my T was only up because of my eating disorder. She looked through my files and noticed that my T had gone up the time I was in the hospital for an eating disorder in 2006 and had gone down naturally after she had released me from the hospital.

6. kaylee

kaylee Guest

Oh god maybe thats why my testosterone was so high! Could it be cuz Im so damn skinny!? I dont have an eating disorder though.

7. angieangie

angieangie Guest

Nahh, you should be fine. I just wasn't getting any nutrients and apparently that gets all your hormones out of wack! If you eat properly, it shouldn't do anything to your hormones, even if you're super skinny. My cousin weighs 85 pounds and her estrogen is high! She loses like 10 hairs a day max, and her hairs grows like a weed. She needs to cut it every 3 weeks to maintain her Victoria Beckham cut.

8. mjh

mjh Guest

I'm not on any treatment...my docs have only suggested birth control to take but I just started trying to conceive. My testosterone was 89 on a scale of something to 76 so that's pretty high. Oddly, my period is pretty regular.

9. sadlady

sadlady Guest

Ive been wondering if i might have PCO - for two years ago i got acne really bad (gone today - after lots of help from a really good skintherapeut), and for seven months ago my hairloss started. Ive always had really heavy periods, with lots of pain. My period is always in time, though. I used to have kind of an eating disorder (never ate that much when i was stressed out), so maybe thats what made my hormones go wack? Now there OK, according to my doctor, no high levels, just normal. Well - IF you have PCO, how do you treat it? And how do you know if you have it, how did you learn that you have PCO?

10. kaylee

kaylee Guest

Wow thats high, although mine was 117. I really think getting your hormones balanced would help the hair loss!

11. GoodYear

GoodYear Guest

Dying curls also has PCOS and she is an expert. She knows a lot about it. I learned so many things from her about it!

12. angieangie

angieangie Guest

My period was always regular too, so I'm sure it's posible.

13. mjh

mjh Guest

I know...I hope I get pregnant soon so I can start on treatment after! Are you insulin resistent as well? I was tested for it and I'm not.

14. kaylee

kaylee Guest

Nope no IR or weight gain. Just the high testosterone thats caused all the problems.

15. angieangie

angieangie Guest

I think if you don't have IR, you are much less likely to have any weight gain.

16. mjh

mjh Guest

I have a little weight gain...but I think it's from bad eating habits finally catching up. I'm a chocoholic! I used to be able to eat a whole packet of double chocolate milanos without gaining an ounce but now I have to limit myself to two cookies. :(

17. angieangie

angieangie Guest

Haha, I hade a big dark chocolate bar with cherry filling today.. it was Lindt... mmmm. Probably why I'm gaining weight as well.

18. mjh

mjh Guest

I loooove Lindt! Especially the dark chocolate truffles...mmm...

19. angieangie

angieangie Guest

There is a huge stand with all the different types of Lindt chocolate right in front of my cash at work.. I buy a different one almost everyday and eat it while working.

Yum!

20. where are you working these days angie?