Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

Am I the only one?

Discussion in 'PCOS Community' started by kaylee, Apr 24, 2008.

1. kaylee

kaylee Guest

Yeah, PCOS sucks. :(

2. alicat

alicat Guest

I KNOW! :thumbsdown:

Some days I just think...why me? My sis isn't affected by all the cosmetic crap I've had to deal with...

3. kaylee

kaylee Guest

I know, my sis isnt either! Or anyone else in my family. Sometimes I get jealous of my sister because she doesnt have to go through this!

4. alicat

alicat Guest

same with me.

i was asking my mom the other day if she can think of ANYONE in the family with PCOS/hypothyroidism/hair loss whatever...just make me feel less alone PLEASE!

5. kaylee

kaylee Guest

Yeah and finding out that NO one in my family has ever had hair loss makes it that much worse!

6. alicat

alicat Guest

agreed!

7. catfancy

catfancy Guest

I know, it sucks! My mom always had "thin hair" but not "thinning hair" until she was 55+. She had mild Androgenetic Alopecia after that. She was hypothyroid. I have three cousins with PCOS and none of them have lost any hair!!! Why it's just me I don't know.

8. mjh

mjh Guest

I think my mom might have had PCOS although she had never been diagnosed with it. She didn't have any hair loss. And I have a cousin who looks like she has PCOS (weight around her middle, facial hair) but she doesn't have hair loss either. I could have coped with PCOS if it wasn't for the hair loss.

9. alicat

alicat Guest

yeah my mom is 55 and her hair is still thick. my sis has always had thinner hair than me and she still has all of it. grrrr. well, i don't wish them to lose their hair, but WHY ME? it was so much fun to be the girl with the pretty hair. *sigh*

10. kaylee

kaylee Guest

I agree with you on that one. I could deal with PCOS if it wasn't for the hair loss! Actually, I was dealing with it fine for many years. Then, when the hair loss started I couldnt cope anymore! :sobbing: