Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

Androgenetic Alopecia or have you neglected yourself ???Must read

Discussion in 'Women's General Hair Loss Discussions' started by LoosingItAll, Jan 29, 2015.

1. Balding Gal

Balding Gal New Member

Dislikes Received:
    Very interesting...

I am heading down this path myself in my thought process. I am going to do a two week liver detox diet starting Monday, and I'm nervous as hell at the no alcohol thing, so am weaning myself off of it this week. It has also been my go-to for the stress of losing my hair. When I drink I don't care about my hair or much of anything. I am also sad to have to give up dairy.

I am reading the following books:
    The Gut Flush Plan
    Fast Track One Day Detox Diet (actually takes longer as it is only one day that you are on liquid all day)
    Eat to Live
    Fat Flush Plan

I am also reading online about changing my alkalinity and how that might help hair loss.

My diet is not as bad as a lot of people as sweets were never my thing. Fruits and vegetables were not either, however. I like dairy, and dairy causes the body to get acidic.

I don't have a lot of weight to lose - maybe 10 pounds at most - so am not looking at this for weight loss. I am just hoping that my giving my body the right nutrition I can stop this hair loss.

Some history....I had a herniation and back surgery several years ago and noticed changes after that in my hair. But, I had constantly permed and dyed my hair so I just figured a tiny bit of loss was understandable. Well, at this point, you can see 2 inches of my scalp in the sun from my hairline back, and it is thinning elsewhere, too.

I am 45 and am peri. (with odd periods). My cortisol levels are sky high as well. My hormone levels were normal. I have IBS which is another reason I don't think I am getting the proper nutrition - that being said my B and D vitamins were normal. Doctor put me on adenavibe and DHEA (neither seem to have done anything). Finally, female pattern baldness runs in my family. I have tried rogaine but quit a few days ago after only 2 weeks. I lost more hair on it, and I am too terrified to continue. Now, my scalp is super itchy and dry, so I am putting just a q-tip amount of castor oil on the itchy parts which is helping.

2. mycurlyhair

mycurlyhair Experienced Member

Dislikes Received:
    Please keep us updated on your diet/cleanse!

3. TinaM1968

TinaM1968 Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    This post is very interesting... sad no one ever comes back so we can see if they recovered. Maybe they have become like me. Just trying to accept fate and the ignorance and in compassionate drs. I’ve been trying to figure out my trigger, in reality I’ve probably started losing hair when my lifestyle changed even before the surgery And supplements. I was drinking way too much ( shameful to admit) and pretty much strict no carb eating for a couple years I guess that’s went I first started losing but I just didn’t pay attention to it as my hair didn’t seem thinner. Then or course all that other down slide in my life started and the constant stress. Today I looked in the mirror after my shower and just wanted to cry. My life will never be the same no matter what I’ve tried it’s worse. 1000 times worse today then 3 months ago. I don’t thinking I’m asking for much I can accept thinner hair I can’t accept the breakage and scalp my front is so so bad sickly I just want it all to end 5 years ago this very month my nightmare became my life. It’s ruined my life

4. Anna Butcher

Anna Butcher Member

Dislikes Received:

Tina, have you ever followed the Telogen Effluvium support page on Facebook book and the Alopecia and Androgenetic Alopecia suposup group on Facebook, I only found out about them two weeks ago and they have been way more supportive and helpful than this forum. So many stories and photos and support on hand. People constantly talk with you, I wish I had found it 14 months ago!!!! Have a look, it's private and mono e can see what your posting x

TinaM1968 likes this.
  5. TinaM1968

Dislikes Received:
    No I’m not on Facebook anymore..it just took up way too much of my time before

6. gracey

gracey New Member

Dislikes Received:
    Hello
    I too was told by 2 derm that I supposedly have androgenetic alopecia but 3 other derm told me it was definitely TE. What the hell! I did 4 rounds of prp AnD nothing worked. The dr told me she saw great results with all her patients but on my last follow up she said, well some of my patients have not seen any improvements and tried to give me rogaine. Wtf. I actually lost more after every session. I had a big shed Jan.2019 and my hair felt and looked frizzy and my hair feels soft but light. Is this te ever going to stop? I take a bunch of supplementsdaily. One other thing, i believe it was in March that I noticed less shedding. My hairdresser told me she saw small regrowth(different lengths) scattered around. Wish I had more. btw, no hair issues on either side of the family.
    Any advise u have is greatly appreciated

7. TinaM1968

Dislikes Received:
    I wished she’d come back and update. It’s so sad when they don’t

8. TinaM1968

Dislikes Received:
    I do hope things got better, an update would really be a plus for some of us still trying to figure out what’s going on