Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

Androgenetic Alopecia question

Discussion in 'Women's General Hair Loss Discussions' started by nat123, Nov 18, 2016.

1. nat123

nat123 Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    Ladies with Androgenetic Alopecia - how long did it take for your hair to really show that you were losing it?

2. Scorpi08

Scorpi08 Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    I think it was about 5 years to the point that I felt the need to conceal...but I also have a bunch of medical stuff going on, so I don't really know what's going to happen with my hair.

3. nat123

Dislikes Received:
    I'm so in denial and hoping that I don't have it but deep down I know I do. The past 7 years I've stopped the pill and had two pregnancies so hair just hasn't had time to recover but I know it won't My hair dresser informed me that I am thinner at the front - getting slightly thinner at the crown but thick at the back. I am 9 months post pregnancy and it has been falling non stop since 4 months

4. ElPatoEllington

ElPatoEllington Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    I've been shedding off and on pretty heavily for about 2.5 years. I'm starting to see some thinning at the very front of my hair, mostly at the sides but extending up to the top (my temples have always been thin). I don't know if this is noticeable to anyone else who doesn't spend as much time looking as I do, and even still sometimes I'm able to convince myself I look the same, but it's definitely getting there. I hate it! I'm pregnant now so I can't wait until I get that post pregnancy shed

5. nat123

Dislikes Received:
    I know me too. I can't imagine losing anymore but I know it's going to happen

6. Butterfly1975

Butterfly1975 New Member

Dislikes Received:
    I think around 8 years. I had someone point to me how thin the front of my hair is. I have had 5 pregnancies and each pregnancy it got worse. Couldn't do anything till now.

7. nat123

Dislikes Received:
    Do you think that the pregnancies may have played a part?

8. hairlosshelp

hairlosshelp Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    My hair loss started around 2009 after small shed #1 when my mother saw the thinning right in the front just above my forehead. I had bangs so I had never noticed it and hair was still abundant. Doctors said it will grow back. 2013 I had a small shed #2 I had to add more bangs cuz of volume loss. 2014 is when shed #3 started and hasn't stopped for 25 months and I had crown loss and my scalp showed right away. So it took about 4.5 years. I have 1/3 of my hair now and you can see my scalp no matter where I part it at the top of my head. I'm in my mid-20s...I feel really hopeless at this point. I moved on for a while and stopped dwelling on it, but that's not a solution unless I'm fine with having the head of a 90 year old by the time I'm 30, and obviously I'm not fine with that. Just don't know what to do at this point.