Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

Androgenetic Alopecia Sudden Onset -what Blood Work Do I Need

Discussion in 'AGA Related Blood Work and Doctors' started by Shopper s, Sep 27, 2021.

1. Shopper s

Shopper s New Member

Dislikes Received:
    Hello,
    I am diagnosed with Androgenetic Alopecia after a scalp biopsy 3 months back due to intense diffuse hair loss. It started in august 2020 and I’m shedding my hair like crazy. I lose about a 1000 hair per hair wash(yes! 1000, I counted them and I hair wash every 5th day) . Is this common with people with Androgenetic Alopecia ? Do you lose this much per wash? I lost 50% of my hair in this one year. I have seen people suffering with pattern baldness but none lost it at this rate.Already starting to explore hair topper options.
    I tried minoxidil and spironolactone for 2 weeks and it gave me allergy. So I had to stop.
    I am beginning to think this is not completely Androgenetic Alopecia, probably something else is adding to my alopecia and want to find out what.
    My CBC work came back normal. My thyroid, testosterone came back normal too. Can somebody please guide me list of deficiencies I must get tested for for hair loss. What hormones, toxicity needs to be checked ?

Attached Files: