Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

Another wonderful Flora story

Discussion in 'Wigs, Extensions, Toppers & Hair Systems' started by kilkea, Jun 10, 2009.

1. kilkea

kilkea Guest

Today is my first post, but I have been reading this forum everyday since December 08. I have always had thin hair ever since I can remember and it is also hereditary. My aunt and grandmother have been going thru same thing and they have progressed to full wigs. Unlike other ladies, I knew it was just a matter of time for me to lose my hair & I never really liked it anyway so my mourning process hasn't been too traumatic. I have learned so much from the different posts on here and that's how I came to know about Flora! I live in Arkansas and I was concerned about doing this long distance but I decided to give it a try. I contacted Flora in NJ and then sent her pictures and bio sample of my dark brown, baby fine hair. I was confident that I would have great selection, so she sent me an illusion fall and it is exquisite! A perfect match in texture and color. When I got it, I took pictures of it on my camera phone and emailed to Flora so she could see if I was placing fall correctly. I'm so excited!!! I just had to share how wonderful Flora is to work with! You can contact her or see her pieces.....www.designbyflora.com

Attached Files:

2. GypsyKate

GypsyKate Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    Well, congrats! I LOVE your attitude. It is what it is, and let's get 'er done.

Thank you for the breath of fresh air.

And, enjoy!

3. alicat

alicat Guest

I agree :)

4. kilkea

kilkea Guest

Thank you ladies. I feel more confident now than I ever have even when I had more of my "yucky" bio hair and now that I have found my "dream" hair I feel thinner and my spark is back! :jump: I want to save up for another Flora illusion fall so I can rotate them out.

5. kaylee

kaylee Guest

Yeah! I love all the positive Flora stories! I was the first on here to buy from her, she is just wonderful! :woot:

6. kilkea

kilkea Guest

Kaylee,

I have mentioned you alot to Flora, and you can just hear the smile in her voice when she knows thats how I found her was basically thru you and your wonderful experiences that you posted ;)

7. kaylee

kaylee Guest

Well Im so glad I could help! Enjoy your new hair!!!! :) ;)

8. roxrog

roxrog Guest

Congrats to you! I'm a happy Flora wearer too :) We want to see pictures soon!

9. kilkea

kilkea Guest

Roxrog,
    What kind of Flora piece do you have? A wig, topper of illusion fall? Did you get custom piece? She sent me a in stock illusion fall and first time was the charm and I don't have to wait for custom piece to be made!!! I like that instant gratification. Length, color and texture is perfect match. I have pictures on my phone, can I post those and how? I'm so low tech, it's pathetic!

10. Joanee

Joanee Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    How much do her stock toppers cost?

11. kilkea

kilkea Guest

Joanee,
    Depending on what length and color you need, $1900 and up for illusion falls but I am not sure about her topper prices. I was lucky because of having dark brown -straight hair is easier to come by than say blonde or red.

12. roxrog

roxrog Guest

I have a full wig. I have a picture posted here under " my new wig"
    She is sending me a topper to try, which I should get soon. I thought she was going to send me an illusion fall, but I may have confused her since I always say topper :crazy: Then again, she has seen my hair and may just feel that is the best choice for me.

Does anyone know how her toppers compare to say yaffa toppers size-wise?

As far as pictures from the phone I don't know. I have a mac so the picture thing is really easy for me...I'm computer illiterate. Hopefully someone else can help with that.

13. Joanee

Joanee Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    That seems like a lot of money for a topper/fall. Can anyone compare Flora's toppers to say Yaffa or Kiki, which seem to cost a lot less?

14. kaylahou

kaylahou Guest

Re: Another wonderful Flora story with PICTURES!

flora's pieces are expensive,but that's for custom,, i belive kiki's are 1500-1600 for similar quality hair,,but the thing with kiki,,they have grown too fast,, they have messed up countless orders from ladies on here,, and made promise after promise... i am in the process of making another order for toppieces.. if you search the threads,you can see the quality,,and the base is amazing,, the underventing allows you to wear it right up to the front if you want,, or you can move it back some,, i didn't realize how much work is involved getting the pieces and having them customized... lol..but i have been doing that for women on this board.because not everyone has access to big cities etc..or they have been taken advantage of by one of the "hairclubs".... eventually,,i will start a business and start suppying local salons.. one salon i already supply to,, they immediately double the prices of the pieces they buy from me.. go figure..

15. edelweiss

edelweiss Guest

Kilkea....thanks so much for sharing your pics! My hair loss is very similar to yours. I am having a very hard time concealing my very thin spots in the back, and definitely need to think about hair replacement now. Your experience with Flora has added to my interest.....as well as other ladies on the forum.

Have fun with your new hair - it looks grrrrrrrrreat! :)

16. kilkea

kilkea Guest

Thanks Edelweiss! You're so sweet and I appreciate the vote of confidence & I'll post new pics when I get the piece back from Flora. If I can even help one lady with this horrendous decision, it will be worth it. I normally wouldn't have posted pictures because I am really shy but then I thought about all the other ladies who posted their pics----What if they didn't post their pics and stories----would I have found Flora or taken that leap of faith? Everything happens for a reason.

17. edelweiss

edelweiss Guest

Yep, things do happen for a reason, I firmly believe that.....and it's great when we make the connection and discover the reason - when it all falls into place!

And when it doesn't, well, we have places like this to get and receive support which may very well lead to the answers.

I am not brave enough to post pics of my hair loss.....but I sure will once I get new hair :jump:

I hope you have many "good hair days" from here on out!!!

18. Girl77

Girl77 Guest

kilkea, you look awesome. so glad you found Flora. I first heard of her from a lady who highly recommended her (from this board - merry, but she no longer posts here). If not for her I would not have found Flora.

About comparing Flora to yaffa..etc. I personally tried a few yaffa pieces, but the quality and fit was not what I was looking for. Also when I had a piece sent back for perming and coloring, the turnout was pretty bad. Luckily I got a refund, but I had to start looking elsewhere to find a solution.

19. kilkea

kilkea Guest

Girl77,

Thank you for the support. I really have learned a bunch from my aunt who is going thru same thing. She started off with some rather "inexpensive" wigs and because she's a natural platnium blond they looked really fake. I undersand being on a budget believe me but thru the years she has upgraded to nicer pieces and now she has blonde indian remy topper that is straight. Topper is bigger improvement but they were on clearance and so it has straight texture while her bio hair is really curly so I see what she has to go thru with blending the front, etc. So I have learned thru her struggles and that's why I went straight to Flora and passed up all the other alternatives. I know she may not fit into everybody's budget, however I consider it an investment that if I take care of, will last me 4 to 5 years. You do get what you pay for escpecially when it comes to EHH!

Big Hugs to You!

20. roxrog

roxrog Guest

It looks really nice! You have beautiful hair now :bravo:

Thanks for posting and sharing with us all.