Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

Any all natural remedies anyone has tried and it worked?

Discussion in 'Teens and Twenties Alopecians' started by mmacbride301, Aug 20, 2016.

1. mmacbride301

mmacbride301 Member

Dislikes Received:
    26 - still trying to stop my hairloss as of right it is a diagnosis of TE... but doing a biopsy next week to conclude that.

Has anyone tried anything that is all natural that has assisted in hair fall etc

I am currently taking Viviscal, Fish oil and a multi-vitamin with a boost of iron in it

Any help would be awesome!

2. hairtothere

hairtothere Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    If it is truly TE the only thing that will help after you resolve triggers is time. I'm sorry I can't give you a better answer but in the meantime eating enough protein and taking a good multi vitamin can't hurt.

3. mmacbride301

mmacbride301 Member

Dislikes Received:
    Thank you so much for responding...I have so many questions about TE, and some things that I am experiencing that seem to be different from TE? Do you have it yourself or another type of hair loss? if you don't mind me asking

4. eggplant

eggplant Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    Because you mention the iron: if you are iron deficient and trying to raise your levels, based on my experience, you probably need more than the iron in the multi-vitamin as those don't contain very much. (Just make sure your doctor knows about it because its possible to get iron overload if you take too much).

sunlit likes this.
  5. mmacbride301

mmacbride301 Member

Dislikes Received:
    Eggplant you are awesome! Thank you so much.... its been hard to get anyone to respond sometimes on here :)

6. eggplant

eggplant Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    You're welcome. These boards can be a little dead sometimes.

7. Jeny

Jeny New Member

Dislikes Received:
    You can try onion juice. I've read some research that it helps.

8. Morgane Chinal-Dargent

Dislikes Received:
    I was diagnosed with TE due to very low iron and ferritin a few month ago and I’m trying to get better the natural way!
    So far I feel like acupuncture really helped a lot! I did one session and my hairfall really slowed down (before starting again a few weeks later...)
    I’ve recently been to a health store that recommended nettle roots powder and horsetail tea. I’m currently taking it everyday with iron pills and spirulina. I haven’t seen result yet as they told me to wait at least a month to see some change. Hope that can help!

TinaM1968 likes this.