Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

Any Experience With Topical Finasteride With Spironolactone And Rogaine

Discussion in 'Treatments for Androgenetic Alopecia' started by Elladp, Nov 10, 2020.

1. Elladp

Elladp New Member

Dislikes Received:
    Hi, I have been using topical rogaine for almost 3 years, the 5% one but only once a day not twice. I switched from foam to liquid about two years ago. I saw my dermatologist recently and asked about going on oral propecia. She was ok with it though then said she has been prescribing more frequently a topical hair mix of rogaine 6% with finasteride in it as well as some other stuff. She said the topical finasteride can have less side effects and she mentioned breast cancer as something she worries about in women on propecia oral but then said there’s no evidence proving causation. Anyway I am hesitant to stop rogaine which had helped a bit and starting this new topical which I am worried will make things worse. I wanted to see if anyone had any experience using one of these compounded topicals or any suggestions.
    I also asked her abt Spironolactone and she said she usually prescribes that for hair loss issues that are in combo with adult acne and difficult periods. I’m just not sure which direction to go in