Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

Any products for thin thin hair??

Discussion in 'Living with Androgenetic Alopecia' started by mvgirl, Jul 6, 2015.

1. mvgirl

mvgirl Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    I have Androgenetic Alopecia, I'm 35. It got worse for me at 30 and gradually thinner and thinner. I still don't wear hair but my own is so thin it bothers me a lot. It's stringy, thin, breaks. I also have to flat iron if orherwise it's a mess - cotton candy. So it's an evil circle. Any products that make texture a bit better and hair like?? Thank you

2. JKSZ

JKSZ Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    Marc Anthony Instantly Thick Volume Hair Thickening Cream works pretty well for me. You have to play around with the amount. I then let my hair air dry a bit, blow dry for maybe three minutes (leaving it a bit damp) and then apply Calling All Curls DevaCurl Spray Gel (professional product) from the ears down. I finish with a bit of Suave Sleek Anti-Frizz Cream on the top. My hair also has a cobwebby, cotton-candy texture and is diffusely thin.

3. rva207

rva207 Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    Adding 1-2 drops of rosemary essential oil to my shampoo has helped my texture a lot. I use doTerra brand oil and the It's a 10 shampoo. I was worried it would make my hair really oily, but that wasn't the case.

4. mvgirl

Dislikes Received:
    I'm gonna try the its a 10 I think. I have spent so much on shampoos and cond its ridiculous.
    It would be great if us who have Androgenetic Alopecia could post more often - we can relate to each other more than other types of hairloss I think.

5. Noalani

Noalani Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    Hi mvgirl...I don't know if you live near a Target or not, but I was just at Target yesterday and they had all of their It's a 10 products on promotion! You can get a two-pack for the price of one. Very helpful on the pocketbook! I bought a combo pack of the It's a 10 shampoo. I want to give that a try.

6. mvgirl

Dislikes Received:
    I'll check if they have it online too. What do you guys do with all the almost full bottles you end up not liking or using? I'm gonna have to give them away because they don't work for my hair

7. Nerak

Nerak Established Member

Dislikes Received:
  8. Lea

Lea Member

Dislikes Received:
    I can also recommend Boost n' Blend... it's like TOPPIK, but made from natural fibers (cotton). It helped me a lot to cover up my thinning scalp. You shake it on your scalp and then I used a makeup brush to blend it in. The fibers cling to your hair. I used this in conjunction with Batiste's Dark Brown dry shampoo. Those two were my life saver before I started wearing hair. I still occasionally, go out of the house in my bio hair only, using those products.