Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

Anyone have success with Vivascal?

Discussion in 'Styling & Hair Care Tips for AGA Sufferers' started by lisalisa, Jan 24, 2009.

1. lisalisa

lisalisa Guest

I am interested in trying this as well? Any good results?
    thanks!

2. michelesmith

michelesmith Guest

i had great results but actually went off of it because #1 it was making me grow massive facial hair and #2 it was interfering with my HRT, so for now im just doing my HRT but its definitely worth a shot if you can afford it, i was taking only one a day but it helped my frontal hairline and length to grow.........

3. brokendreams

brokendreams Guest

I also stopped the viviscal, I thought maybe it was just my stupid system. My hair started to grow in june and I thought maybe this is good then I had weight gain and horrible headaches. I stopped it in september or october. I wasnt sure if the marine protein in it had iodine and either interfered with the hrt or thyroid med.

4. iisara21

iisara21 Experienced Member

Dislikes Received:
    I haven't had any side effects on it, but it doesn't seem to be doing much good so far, either. :(

5. RobinL71

RobinL71 Guest

I took viviscal for awhile... I think it helped but w/ our financial situation I can no longer afford to purchase it...

6. kiara

kiara Guest

I am going to order viviscal once i get the ok from my husband, cause it's so IMMENSELY EXXY

:crazy:

7. alicat

alicat Guest

what's exxy?

8. kaylee

kaylee Guest

lol!

9. I know i know!! I asked Kiara once before - it's an australian slang word for expensive!

I used viviscal and I like it - pricey though.

10. kiara

kiara Guest

lol :$
    exxy is OTT expensive.
    (Over The Top)

kitkat, so would you say that viviscal it has improved your hair?

I ordered one bottle yesterday.

:sobbing: EXXY!!!

11. One bottle?! Do you mean you ordered the shampoo and not the pills? I've never used any of their products except the pills.
    I think I have had improvement from it, I think my fringe is thicker than it was before, though cant be sure this is 100% viviscal. I'm going to keep using!

12. kiara

kiara Guest

lol sorry, I meant i bought one bottle of their pill, so a month's supply. Their shampoo and conditioner would be waste of money i reckon.

Yay you've had results from it. Ok this really gets me excited i'd better not get my hopes up.

do you take one pill a day or two? cause i heard a few ladies here used one a day and still had growth.

13. jakey123

jakey123 Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    Ive been using it for 9 months and it is awesome. My hair is coming back after 6 years of hell!

14. kiara

kiara Guest

i know jakey, you had crazy regrowth, great for you!

You said your hair loss was from menopause. Any chance it could be Androgenetic Alopecia at all? Would you say you have now regained all or most of your hair that you lost in 6 years?

:sobbing: I am trying to find anyone who has Androgenetic Alopecia (diagnosed) and has got results with this viviscal to make myself feel more confident about starting it too!

15. jande1

jande1 Guest

Jakey - how long did you use it before you saw any results. I have been taking it for about a month and I think my shed is slowing a bit, but I am still not seeing any regrowth. Just wondering how long before you noticed any difference. I am praying this helps even to stop the shed.

16. jakey123

Dislikes Received:
    I started Viviscal 08 and felt texture changes within 2-3 weeks. This actually made my hair feel thinner. In September I saw the new short hairs all over the scalp. This is a tricky stage because new hair pushes old hair out so your not quite sure what is going on.
    Now at 9 months in I can feel and see some difference. I havent recovered all my hair yet and dont expect to very quickly.
    I think that even with this recovery it could take a couple of years.
    Nevertheless its easier to cope with, not checking the mirror every 5 minutes, and actually feel like Im getting some life back. At last!

17. michelesmith

michelesmith Guest

jakey what is your age and diagnosis? it definitely helped me im post menopausal btw and Androgenetic Alopecia, ive stopped it and now ive noticed more shedding and also the texture is not as nice even though im on hrt too.......

18. jakey123

Dislikes Received:
    Im 53 , 2 years post meno ,and never taken hormones.The thinning started at peri, so its been about 6 years. I think hormones play a huge role.
    Could it be that the hormones in BCP and HRT prevent the body from balancing naturally, allowing the hair to recover.

19. michelesmith

michelesmith Guest

im actually disappointed in the hrt i thought it would bring back more hair but it appears not to have done a thing, i probably need a higher dosage but im not going to raise it because im doing good with the dosage im on for my anxiety and hot flashes etc........thanks for the info, i definitly think i will give vivascal a try again i just hope the facial hair doesnt get as bad lol......gee you cant win!

20. kiara

kiara Guest

Jakey, so you are also taking bcp and hrt at the same time you're taking viviscal??