Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

Anyone have success with Vivascal?

Discussion in 'Styling & Hair Care Tips for AGA Sufferers' started by lisalisa, Jan 24, 2009.

1. jakey123

jakey123 Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    No, Im not taking anything but Viviscal. I wouldnt touch anything with hormones and although meno is difficult , it just takes a little time . No need for any meds. My hairloss came with meno and is now ending with it.

2. lisalisa

lisalisa Guest

Good to hear Jakey that Viviscal is working for you..how many tablets do you take?
    one or two a day?
    It is interesting how it is all fish oil or marine products in the tablet? I was wondering if just taking an omega fish cap is the same as viviscal?
    :dunno:

3. salemsmum1

salemsmum1 Guest

I took Viviscal for a month then switched to Nourkrin 'cos it's slightly cheaper. I am having regrowth and defo noticed improvement in texture within 2 or 3 weeks. I take 2 a day plus kelp and alfalfa. I'm on HRT also as I went through early menopause at 40. I had major hairloss September last year which was stress related.

I need to order some more Nourkrin, but I've noticed there's a product called Tricolopure which claims to have the same ingredients as Nourkrin, but is twice as strong-have any of you guys out there tried it? It's a lot cheaper, so tempted to try it, but as I've been taking Viviscal/Nourkrin for nearly 4 months I don't want to undo the progress I've made so far!

4. kiara

kiara Guest

you might want to post a new topic with "Tricolopure, anyone tried it?" as the title, that way it'll grab more attention than if it's in another thread like now.

5. jakey123

Dislikes Received:
    I take 2 tablets a day and will continue until I feel the hair has recovered to a point where I don't have to use Fullmore. Then 1 a day for maintenance. Nourkrin has less protein in it than Viviscal although it is based on the same ingredients.
    I think you need to give it at least a year on 2 a day. I think that it will take at least 2-3 years for recovery.

6. salemsmum1

salemsmum1 Guest

Thanks I still struggle to find things on the site. I'll post a new topic. :punk:

7. lisalisa

lisalisa Guest

Thank you! So it is the protein in the tablets that is doing the trick?
    I havent heard of Tricolopure.

8. salemsmum1

salemsmum1 Guest

I don't know how it works, but it seems to be. I'm tempted to try the tricolopure, but haven't had any responses to my post. My hubby says i should stick to what's working, but who knows if Trucolopure is twice as strong maybe my hair will grow back twice as fast! The I will look like this smiley... :punk:

9. kiara

kiara Guest

salesmum, it seems no one has tried tricolopure yet. I do think it's better to stay with something you know has worked. It's just that viviscal is ripping us off.

10. kiara

kiara Guest

Salesmum, what's your new topic called? i can't find any title with "tricolopure"

11. Has anyone started taking this then stopped, then found an increase in shed?

I ordered my next supply over 2 weeks ago, when I had a week or so left to go, and it still isn't here. I've been without my pills for a week now and my shed has jumped back up. COME ON PILLS!!!

12. michelesmith

michelesmith Guest

yes-i stopped taking them about two months ago and i barely shed 10 hairs a day and i notice my hair is shedding quite a bit the past few weeks .........

13. brokendreams

brokendreams Guest

Back in spring of 08 I started taking the extra strength, I felt my hair was finally growing again, but late summer I started to lose alot of hair and it seemed to have stopped working. I also had severe headaches. Just didnt work for me.

14. jakey123

Dislikes Received:
    Dont forget that if your hair is starting to grow again ,you will lose old hair, and hair will seem thinner for a while. That is the paradox of TE. It is strange for Viviscal to cause headaches as it is only a food supplement.
    I started it in June, and saw hair growing in September, and shedding in December. Im feeling improvement now after 9 months.I still feel there is a long way to go.

15. brokendreams

brokendreams Guest

Hi Jakey It definitely caused the heache for me, when I stopped they stopped. I did see growth at first in length and fuzzies around the hairliine.
    It has marine protein so Im wondering if there is an iodine factor in it . Im on thyroid meds and the dr said no iodine or soy for me.
    Glad you are having the success you are. :bravo:

16. Thank the lord....it's arrived! I popped one of them straight away. I dont know if it's the viviscal that stopped my shedding or not, but it began to creep back up after a week without it so I am straight back on. With viviscal my shed was down to less than 20 on normal days and less than 40 on wash days. Even though my hair isn't what I want it to be, my life is a million times better without the shedding!

17. jande1

jande1 Guest

You know I have been taking it now for a month and I have noticed my shed is down. I even just had my period and it wasn't near as bad as it has been. Still not seeing any growth but keeping my fingers crossed. If the shed would stop I would be elated. Just wanna keep enuf hair to keep my topper attached to. ;)

18. kiara

kiara Guest

so it seems like these pills can really work..

My order arrived yesterday, and i gulped one down straight away lol.
    I only order a bottle to see if my skin and scalp will get oilier than they already are. If it's okay then I'll order few months worth of supply.

19. lisalisa

lisalisa Guest

So I thought I saw my hair was growing baby fine little hairs and now I don't see them anymore...anyone have any idea as to the process of hair growing back? I was using head and shoulders but switched to the Viviscal and Nizoral combo....I wonder if the head and shoulders was helping with my hair loss :dunno:

20. jande1

jande1 Guest

Does anyone notice their hair getting incredibly greasy taking viviscal. I am needing to wash mine daily it looks so greasy.

Still not losing as much, so I will put up with that - Really hoping to see any regrowth any day now - COOOMMMEEE OONNNN HAAAIRRR ;)