Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

Anyone uninsured getting steroid injections?

Discussion in 'Newly Diagnosed Alopecians' started by mariej, Mar 5, 2012.

1. mariej

mariej Guest

I've been lurking here for quite some time. I've found this to be a highly supportive group, so maybe someone here can point me in the right direction.

I've had health insurance through my employer for the last year that I've been experiencing alopecia. With Anthem Blue Cross, I am able to get affordable treatment through my dermatologist. I am about to get laid off at the end of June. Does anyone have suggestions on how to continue treatment without breaking the bank?

Any feedback would be appreciated.

All the best,
    M

2. Joann

Joann Moderator

Dislikes Received:
    Welcome Marie :grouphug: I'm sorry I can't help with your question. I'm in Canada and we have free healthcare here.

You could try contacting the National Alopecia Areata Foundation. They may be able to help.

NAAF
    14 Mitchell Boulevard
    San Rafael, CA 94903
    Phone: 415.472.3780
    Fax: 415.472.5343
    E-mail: info@naaf.org

Hugs,
    Joann

3. sam

sam Guest

If you haven't already, I would talk with your derm to see if s/he would consider reducing the out of pocket expense. You never know. When I was laid off, my chiropractor let me continue paying the co-pay rate....maybe your derm will be as kind. Or maybe s/he participates in or knows of a program designed for people who lost their insurance but need to continue the treatments.