Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

anyone want a raquel welch wig?????

Discussion in 'Styling & Hair Care Tips for AGA Sufferers' started by sawyersmom, Mar 20, 2006.

1. sawyersmom

sawyersmom Guest

I think I spelled that right,

Karen was generous enough to send this to me, but my freaking head is too big. the damn thing just popped right off the top of my head. So, I thought I would see if anyone with an average size head would like to try it...........if not, my girls think it would be groovy for dress up.... :wink: but I told them if someone on here could use it, I would like for that to happen.

just pm me if you are interested....

Beth

2. Karen

Karen Guest

Omg I just thought of something funny. That wig's been around the world. It came from Las Vegas, Nevada to me in Ohio. I had mailed it to another woman in California but it came back with an address unknown and then back to me and now Maryland. Ok which state is next? lol!

3. sawyersmom

sawyersmom Guest

Karen..............I love your new pic........it shows how far you have come......in my humble opinion.........:)

4. ncny

ncny Guest

Beth,
    I have a humongous head too.

That's why my topper didnt work...

5. CindiBlueyz

CindiBlueyz Guest

Hi Beth,

I know that I don't post on here, I'm pretty much a lurker. I spend most of my time on Wig Support. I did PM you regarding your wig, though. I thought you may not have responded back because you don't know me.
    If you did get my PM, can you get back to me by e-mail (I included my e-mail in the PM). or on here?

~Cindi

6. Karen

Karen Guest

Cindi

I forgot - it's a Raquel Welch Elan.

7. CindiBlueyz

CindiBlueyz Guest

Thanks Karen!

So...that was your wig first, and you sent it to Beth?? I think I remember seeing a picture of you in a new wig if I'm remembering correctly? If so, what are you wearing?
    By the way,I looked on a wigsite to see whar Elan looked like, and it's a pretty wig. I'm wearing a mid length wig now, but summer's around the corner, and it gets hot here!! Can you tell me what color it is?

Thanks for your help :D
    ~Cindi

8. sawyersmom

sawyersmom Guest

Hi cindy..........

Karen can probably tell you more about this wig than I can. it is a reddish brown color. that is all I know........honestly,,,,,,,,this is the first wig I have ever put my hands on.....lol

if you are interested in it, just pm me your address. I would be more than happy to send it to you.

sorry it took me a bit to respond on this ..............

Beth

9. CindiBlueyz

CindiBlueyz Guest

Hi Beth,

I was waiting to see if Karen might post more details on the wig...like the brand, color, etc. I don't want to have you send it to me if it won't work, and someone else could use it. If it's on the redder side, I could wear it, but if it's more brown, I couldn't. I'm fair with blue eyes, and have been both blonde and red over the years.

I'll wait a little while longer to see if Karen chimes in with more info before PMing you with my address, okay?

Cindi

10. Ashley_101

Ashley_101 Guest

Thanx ever so much
    :)

11. sawyersmom

sawyersmom Guest

cindy.............I will wait until you hear from Karen.........I am moving in 2 weeks, so I will not be near a computer from apr 10-20th( :( ) but I will check when I get my computer set back up.

Beth

12. Karen

Karen Guest

Hey u guys.

I've been moving - back and forth from old to new house and still have no computer at home - guess that's what I get for leaving it up to my husband to get the utilities changed over - grrrrr --

Anyways - that was my second wig and I exchanged it for one I ordered that did not look right on me. I eventually bought one from Kathy at heralopecia - a Jenny by Noriko that I have worn all year.

That one that Beth has is a Raquel Welch Elan and its more red than brown. Although I can't for the life of me remember the exact color.

It's Beth's now to do what she wants with it. Beth, on you. Give it a good home, please.

13. CindiBlueyz

CindiBlueyz Guest

Hi Karen,

I sent you a PM!

Cindi :D

14. CindiBlueyz

CindiBlueyz Guest

Hi Karen,

Sorry about your computer situation! I know all about husbands!! Are you almost done moving?

I contacted Beth. I'll let you know what happens. Elan is really cute!

Do you post on WS? If so, what name do you use? I'm on there a lot. I've gotten to visit Kathy in CT 2 times now, and plan another visit late spring/early summer.
    BTW, Jenny is a pretty wig! Do you wear your wig full-time? I've been wearing wigs since Nov., and won't go out of the house without one now. I take it off as soon as I get home, though, and usually don't wear one if I'm just hanging out at home.

Thanks again for your help! Enjoy your new home :)

~Cindi

15. sawyersmom

sawyersmom Guest

Karen..............

I am sending the wig to Cindy this weekend!!!

Beth

16. Karen

Karen Guest

Hey Cindi

Nice to meet you. I don't post on WS - I'm just a lurker. I post here alot or did when my puter was up (grrrr!). Jenny is a cute wig - I get lots of compliments - but I'm going to donate this one too in a month or two - when my confidence level goes up a bit more. I don't have to wear it now - but I am to work. I just haven't got the knack yet to figure short hair out. Hope you enjoy the RW!