Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

Anything Other Than Rogaine To Help Androgenetic Alopecia? Has Anyone Had Transplant?

Discussion in 'Success Stories and Positive Outlook' started by Sandy, Apr 29, 2019.

1. TinaM1968

TinaM1968 Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    I don’t think I ever had a hair issue until 5 years ago and then it wasn’t bad it got worse the past couple years I stressed a lot vitamins ext I think that all made it worse my left temple is my worst but now the center front is getting bad. I don’t think anyone appreciates what they have esp hair. I didn’t never thought I’d have this problem. Doesn’t matter the age I’m 50 your 74 still doesn’t matter it’s devastating at any age. I hope you have some luck with Donavan. I don’t know what I’ll do right now I’m trying rosemary oils but who now may be just more wastes time and money

2. Sandy

Sandy Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    I will share the results of my appt with Donovan. However, I just checked and my temple areas are shocking, just villus hairs there, some bare spots. When I see myself in front, it appears my forehead goes in a V because of the front center forehead hair loss, very distressing for me to see. Even if I comb to the side, that is evident, especially now that my temple areas are so bare. The rest of my hair is still fairly good so it is a bit disillusionary at first. I was hoping for regrowth but now I doubt that anything I do will cause improvement in these areas, short of a possible hair transplant, which I would consider if I had the assurance that I would not develop shock loss because I could not handle any further loss (although that may happen without the transplant over time, as well)............

3. TinaM1968

Dislikes Received:
  4. Sandy

Sandy Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    Can i ask how you apply it, do you apply it undiluted directly to the scalp? Does it appear to be helping? Last night i applied undiluted castor oil to a couple of my ‘bald’ areas with a q-tip. I read it also works for hair loss?

TinaM1968 likes this.
  5. TinaM1968

Dislikes Received:
    I’ve both diluted it and apply directly so far. It’s only been about a week or 2 so i ,think it’s too early to tell. I also read castor oil helps I found it too thick and sticky and was worried about it clogging the pores so I didn’t try it long at all Getting desperate here I read rosemary has the same effect as minoxidil without all the nasty side effects.

6. Sandy

Sandy Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    Yes it is thick and messy, but i will try anything. I read also about rosemary oil and will buy tomorrow.

7. TinaM1968

Dislikes Received:
    With the castor oil they say is works better (to apply it) diluting it with a Cartier oil yea I’m in that same boat I’m so desperate to get even a bit of my old life bad at this point hairloss has ruined it if I could at least stop it and be able to grow out the shorter hairs to normal length I’d be thrilled but hanging in to hope is getting harder to do. Even if I could afford something like a transplant I wouldn’t
    Try it. Seem too many stories not favorable and my luck isn’t that great to begin with.

#27 TinaM1968, May 13, 2019
    Last edited: May 13, 2019
  8. Sandy

Sandy Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    I don't know, I applied the rosemary undiluted direct last night and kept it on during the night, Today it looks thinner in the front, (after one application) I am getting very discouraged. I am reading about rosemary combined with message or derma rolling

9. TinaM1968

Dislikes Received:
    Hmm I haven’t heard of that happening before. Especially after one application have you been tAking before pictures to compare with? Rosemary oil is supposed to be comparable to minoxidil with the side effects that minoxidil has

10. Sandy

Sandy Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    Yes. I have a photo from last week. Maybe because i applied it undiluted? Maybe i should just wait to see what Donovan recommends

11. TinaM1968

Dislikes Received:
    I’d wait and see what he says hopefully he will have some answers for you

12. Mina

Mina Member

Dislikes Received:
    Plz do not get a hair transplant. I did, and still regret it. Got so bad shock loss that all my hair got so thin. Worse than before the transplant.

What about changing ur diet? Check out the website healty diet paradise.

TinaM1968 likes this.
  13. Sandy

Sandy Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    I did go to him, basically he recommended finasteride, hairmax laser ultima 12 comb, keep on my vitamins except for biotin which he says doesn't help, and if nothing works, then in 3-6 months a transplant.
    However, I am last choice with transplant, I am going to try everything else first......I am on flax seeds (which Donovan says doesn't help) but I am taking them anyway, it can't hurt; stinging nettle root, my vitamins, rosemary oils diluted to hair at night, etcetcetc. Has anyone tried tricomin, does this work for regrowth?

TinaM1968 likes this.
  14. Sandy

Sandy Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    I eat super healthy...............so it can't be this.

15. Sophie Nigam

Sophie Nigam New Member

Dislikes Received:
    Loosing extensive amount of hair in my early 30 is way more heartbreaking then anything i ever have felt. One of my friend advised me to go opt for PRP therapy. I took the advise and guess what the results are amazing. That’s what matter for me, so relieved!

16. Sandy

Sandy Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    Can i ask who did your transplant? I not going to do it right now but i am considering it down the line if nothing else works. Can i ask tina how you dilute the rosemary oil? Have u seen results or maybe its too early?

17. TinaM1968

Dislikes Received:
    Most days I apply is straight some days I mixed with an oil that has rosemary leaf and almond oil
    I think it still too early to tell anything natural takes 3-6 months to show anything. I doesn’t seem to be getting any worse ( knock wood lol) but I will keep you posted

18. Sophie Nigam

Sophie Nigam New Member

Dislikes Received:
    Dr. Maziar Sadri

19. Sandy

Sandy Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    So far I have gone to 3 hair doctors, they all say I would benefit from transplant but other than that they say completely different recommendations. For instance, Dr #1 said PRP would not work for me, due to my age (74); Dr #2 didn't mention PRP but said to use Nizoral, Finasteride, and hair max laser comb for 3-4 months and if didn't work to do transplant; Dr #3 says Finastreride doesn't work due to my age and also can cause breast cancer; the hairmax is a waste of money and won't do a thing, and the only thing (since I don't want to use rogaine) is PRP. All are very well known doctors. The last said that there is zero, nothing, that can help restore hair except a transplant. He said rogaine and PRP can but very little results.
    I said I had been on stinging nettle for 2 months and have noticed considerable less hair loss, and he completely disregarded this for some reason. I asked about the oils, rosemary, caster, etc, and he also completely disregarded these.
    I have a lot of hair but it is my front hairline that is receding. He said 100% or everybody gets shock loss, men and women, and unless the hairs lost were bad hairs meant to be lost anyway, they will grow back but it will take around 4-5 months. He said no one will notice, and I said how could someone not notice a huge receding hairline on a woman, and he said to use topic.......I said I was against it, I imagine it to be a nuisance and cumbersome as well as messy.....has anyone used it? I still haven't made a decision what to do. Sometimes my hair looks fine, but the next day it is shocking...........Nightmare.

20. Sophie Nigam

Sophie Nigam New Member

Dislikes Received:
    OK....
    I read your story. I think you can take advice from experienced doctor/surgeon.