Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

apollo in columbia md

Discussion in 'Wigs, Extensions, Toppers & Hair Systems' started by dorothy, Aug 16, 2005.

1. dorothy

dorothy Guest

Hey girls-- just wanted to share my odd experience at apollo in columbia, md. I went for a consult and the atmosphere was kind of strange but professional enough. They refused to give me any client contacts which is kind of understandable because I doubt they have many female client--even so, I think they sized me up as a problem customer. They set up a plan for me which seemed fairly reasonable but now they won't call me back. I finally got through to the guy today and he acted really strange (I don't think he wants to do my hair because 'I am not bald enough yet-wait a little while until it gets worse' ) and then he just sort of said I'll call you back and hung up and never called back. Can't figure out what is going on but why is every hairloss company full of weirdos?? Every experience I have had with hair replacement has been negative and I just don't know what to do at this point. It sucks because they are So close to my house it is such a shame because it would be so convenient.
    Any thought? I literally think it is because I asked too many questions and was not compliant enough for them. Or they only work with totally bald men and not thinning women.
    Dorothy

2. Amy

Amy Guest

D,

Wow that sucks! Are there any other places that happen to be smaller and owned or run by women? I would really try that out. I do not understand this whole thing! I wish we could get together and start a salon ourselves! I hope you are doing well.

Amy

3. sessa555

sessa555 Guest

That's so bizarre! Though, I dunno, my experiences with most hair replacement places have been similarly strange. Maybe you should try calling HRS and see what they say...I don't know if you could maybe go through them and have the place by you maintain your hair? HRS has an all-female staff, it's great. Let us know how it goes.

4. I've been to two different hair replacement-type salons. Both called you constantly until you had paid in full. THEN its hard to get them on the phone. I've never heard of one who wouldn't call back when you hadn't even paid yet. That is weird. I wouldn't buy anything from them now even if they do call. Is there another place nearby you can go to instead?

-Kelly

5. dorothy

dorothy Guest

The saga continues, and it is getting more odd. I called the guy today and asked him point blank what was going on (now I am just curious). I told him just to let me know what the problem is and that I was fine with taking my business elsewhere. Once again he told me nothing was wrong and that he would call right back in five minutes and that was over two hours ago. I don't get it. It is such a shame because the place is so close. I am out of town right now but I may have to go in there when I get back just to be a pain in the ass, I have no intention of working with them at this point (not that it is even possible)! I advise everyone in my area to be aware of this place and its bizarre ways.
    Thanks Sessa-I will try HRS and see what happens. Also, does anyone know what is the deal with Farrell? Is it just totally overpriced and pointless?
    Dorothy

6. Amy

Amy Guest

I have heard mixed results on the whole Farrell thing. Maybe check it out and see how it feels. I would look for a place that has nice women working there. I think that is important.

Amy

7. Peony

Peony Guest

Dorothy--that is SO weird. Okay, here's what I think we should do. Sally Turney says that we can bond anything, and I'm going to send her pics of my kiki once i know more details about what kind of material the base is, etc. So, if the kiki can be bonded, I think it's worth a shot, if you're really thinking about bonding. Also, I'd be willing to go back to amy's with you to look at the pieces that they bond there--really thin base, versus a sturdier base. And once you know HOW to bond the piece, finding a stylist who is willing to work privately should NOT be a problem. I bet I could put an ad on craigslist and get a ton of responses from stylists in the area. Find some venture capital and we can do it ourselves! (i'm only half kidding, too:)