Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

Apple Cider Vinegar Possible Success?

Discussion in 'Women's General Hair Loss Discussions' started by Bootsie, Feb 13, 2013.

1. Bootsie

Bootsie New Member

Dislikes Received:
    I will try to keep this short. I have posted here before with my stories, but will try to be brief. Almost three years ago, i started to thin. I was 47 years old and in perimenopause. Lots of stress in my life at that time as well. Also using Retin A by the buckets (big no no!). Anyway, I noticed hair flucuations over this time. Sometimes bald shiny areas, sometimes they appeared to get filled in, but always thin in the bang and temple area. 4-1/2 months ago, i began to drink organic apple cider vinegar from the health food store diluted in water throughout the day. I cannot tell you how much exactly but I would guess around 4-5 tablespoons and keep adding water to dilute. I cannot tell you how much better my hair is today. Lots of regrowth and can't see through it anymore in the daylight. I used to use toppik every day, several times a day. I only use very little toppik now once every other day. I don't know if the ACV is what has helped, but I will continue for the next few months and update. I have reason to believe that the ACV is a toxic cleanse. It reduces and elimiates inflamation within the body including the scalp. This may not will work for everyone, but I do believe it worked for me. I have been hesitating writing because I do not want to give anyone false hope, but if this helps one person, then I think it is worth it. Just so you know what else I do, I take a good multi vitamin and two hair vitamin pills (I think called Follica...can't remember). I also only shampoo every other day with Nioxin shampoo (been doing that for all three years). I read where people use ACV on their scalp when washing, but I decided do tackle the problem from the inside out. I will post back in a few months with an update. Too much ACV can harm stomache and teeth so be careful to use wisely and dilute..dilute..dilute with water.

TinaM1968 likes this.
  2. mycurlyhair

mycurlyhair Experienced Member

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks for sharing! I have used it on my scalp many times but it didn't help with my scalp issues. I have wanted to drink it but do not like the taste, maybe I will give it a shot! :) It is really good for you, I have read nothing but good things on it. Glad you are doing better!

3. Mihamay

Mihamay Guest

Thank you for sharing this! I have been also using it for rinses, because I grew up in a very poor country ( Romania) and my mother used to rinse our hair with it when we were children instead of conditioning. It made our hair very shiny. Later I read that ACV is acidic and all the shampoos/soaps are alkaline so the ACV balances the pH of the scalp to healhy level. I also read that ACV normalises the pH inside the body when taken internally, but I never tried it so far. I will give it a try internally, too.

4. Gypsy99

Gypsy99 Guest

my hair never improved on acv despite drinking it for two years. but it helped other things

5. baker mom

baker mom Guest

When did you start to notice a difference, Bootsie?

6. Bootsie

Bootsie New Member

Dislikes Received:
    I started to notice a difference after 4 months.

7. tique706

tique706 Guest

I mix a half part warm water half part acv in a small container a few times a month and pour it over my head in the shower, It hasent made my hair come back, but it is fantastic for getting rid of the nasty build up from every thing eles that I use on a daily basis. My hair is almost to fluffy clean after I do this.

8. Sunil Verma

Sunil Verma New Member

Dislikes Received:
    Earlier, apple cider vinegar (ACV) was considered a folk remedy of sorts for all kinds of health problems. But now ACV is being feted the world over for its myriad benefits not only for our health, but also for our skin and hair. In fact, apple cider vinegar can work wonders for our Hair - right from preventing hair loss to fighting split ends.

9. Sandy

Sandy Member

Dislikes Received:
    Would ACV vitamins have the same effect?

10. Sandy

Sandy Member

Dislikes Received:
    Can you give us an update on your regrowth?

11. anxiety43

anxiety43 Member

Dislikes Received:
    I’m intrigued by this and may give it a try. An update on your long term results?

12. Sandy

Sandy Member

Dislikes Received:
    Yes pls an update. I have tried everything. I will try this but very diluted. Can you say exactly the formula and how much you drink each day?