Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

Around 12 Month Shed And No Longer In Denial

Discussion in 'The Undiagnosed' started by anxiety43, Nov 5, 2018.

1. anxiety43

anxiety43 New Member

Dislikes Received:
    Hello good people,
    Here today because of hair loss significantly around my temples, front, and sides of my head but not truly the crown area. I lose as many as 200 a day but it fluctuates. I wash about 3 times a week with sulfates.

I’m 28 and just got off Aubra/Vienva BC back in April of this year after 4 years.

Well aware now that it’s not a hair friendly pill, yet my gyno never felt the need to mention there was an attachment of hair loss to levonorgestrel. I got off the pill also because my libido died and I was depressed constantly.

I also have practiced the curly girl method very vigorously since Nov 2017 yet have ceased conditioning my hair entirely since I did notice dramatic shedding on that kind of routine.

No genetic balding in my family on either side except for my mother who had chronic CTE from 16 pregnancies (very unusual case of hormonal loss since so many full carried terms).

I have had eating disorders since adolescence as well as chronic anemia. I have never had any iron or ferratin checks but plan to do that ASAP.

No PCOS, very regular periods, no excess hair, no cysts on my ovaries.

Planning to get the copper IUD to avoid all hormonal birth control, but have no idea what that will do to my vagina so we’ll see.

I feel that I should mention that I’m pretty sure I have very lower blood pressure because I faint very occasionally after not eating or smoking marijuana too much. Not sure if related.

Should I book a derm appointment and push for a biopsy? Very worried that my TE has pushed into Androgentic Alopecia due to the high androgen factor of my birth control for 4 years. My mother wears wigs and feels empowered in her late 60’s but I am wearing hats and scarves feeling horrible about myself.

Pictures are hard to include but I will add them to this thread once I take some of my sides.

2. TinaM1968

TinaM1968 Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    Have you had any blood work done? I thinks I’d start there first before pushing for a biopsy but that’s just my opinion

3. anxiety43

anxiety43 New Member

Dislikes Received:
    Not yet, I’m not sure what to specifically ask for. I also am afraid of just wasting my time with other possibilities when the likelihood of the very common Androgenetic Alopecia is simply the end result.

So, it seems like skipping the chase as my loss is rather advanced for 12 months and I see so much scalp that I’m pretty much overwhelmed. I wear pony tails and experience a lot of itching/sebum grains and don’t know whether to wash frequently or use dry shampoo.

I had been losing hair already when I stopped in April so I’m estimating that the shed had started maybe like 6-8 months before I noticed.

My texture in front has changed, very dry and easily stretched/broken.

4. TinaM1968

Dislikes Received:
    A good place to start is a full iron panel full thyroid panel with antibodies and a hormonal panel with free testosterone, and Dheas and shbg

5. anxiety43

anxiety43 New Member

Dislikes Received:
    Thank you so much, I plan to book this before the end of the month.

6. TinaM1968

Dislikes Received:
    Good luck!and be persistent!

7. idk

idk Member

Dislikes Received:

Lara Briden on her website larabriden.com writes a lot about hair loss brought on by birth control. I would suggest reading up you may find some direction there.

Best wishes