Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

as promised....pics of part before and after Toppik

Discussion in 'Styling & Hair Care Tips for AGA Sufferers' started by RugBug, Mar 22, 2011.

1. Deirdre

Deirdre Senior Member

Dislikes Received:
    You could do an add for Toppik! I am jealous of your hair though! It looks great in both photos.

2. RugBug

RugBug Guest

oh Deirdre....if only it WAS as good as it appears. I do kind of feel I could advertise for Toppik though....because it IS very much an illusion.
    And...my hair texture has changed SO much in 6 months....I suppose it's the miniaturization process...I just didn't think it could happen SO fast, literally from one day to the next.
    I washed my hair today and just let it air dry...my husband came into the kitchen and said..."oh, look at the rough and tumble look".... Rough...well, can't blame the guy for telling truth.....

3. alicat

alicat Guest

4. Hootie1973

Hootie1973 Guest

Hi Rugbug,

Welllllllllll nowww aren't we the sexy mama! Lol. I am jealous of your natural hair (you've seen the state of mine) but I do understand that for you, it's not what it should be. The toppik fibres certainly work for you. I tried them before things got too bad for me and the only problem I had was a slightly dusty look in the sun and on flash photos. However, a bit of clever styling or a pair of shades perched on the head and the dusty effect is disguised.

5. freakyfriday

freakyfriday Guest

lol,
    geeze I thought toppik was a hair piece as I looked at your hair (first posting) and read on through the posts and come to know it is not.......
    wow technology sure is awesome...not to mention this whole place with beauty items is so new to me what you all are using........i

awesom picts by the way least I know now what the heck that language word meant haha :)

6. RugBug

RugBug Guest

the magic of Toppik.....

yes, it does look dusty after the first dousing. For me, it goes away after the final comb through.... and since I am legally blind in natural sunlight, I am NEVER without my sunglasses and they are almost always plopped up on my head (I've been given a hard time about this forever) Now, I'm glad this isn't a new accessory for me...people have come to expect them up there!
    I have noticed though, that now that I have used it for some months...I do get some scalp acne. I'm guessing there must be either a hint of red dye #40 in the fibers OR there is some trace gluten protein in the mix. EIther one, I'll deal with it because I can not go without it.

7. Greene

Greene Guest

It does look great, but I don't even think the first picture needed Toppik...obviously, as has been stated, you are your own hair judge and pictures don't always do the loss justice, but I would trade you your hair in pic #1 for my hair on a "good" hair day in an instant. =\

8. RugBug

RugBug Guest

I wouldn't mind going back to pic #1 either. What a difference a couple of weeks make. But, thank you!!!

9. Christine39

Christine39 Guest

I think your hair looks beautiful! Before and after! It is so thick. But the fibres you are using does make a huge difference, although the before picture also looks good. Could I ask where you bought your topper and do you have any pictures of it? I think I will soon have to get a topper, but for now I am using Nanogen and have been for 9 months. I am hoping to use that for a while longer....

10. RugBug

RugBug Guest

Hi Christine.... thank you for the compliment....I have lost quite a bit more hair since those pictures... :(

I have purchased two toppers already...one from the Hair Loss clinic in town (Northern California) and my newest one is from Flora, New Jersey...

I have a very fast "moving" Androgenetic Alopecia....so most of my decisions have been on the fly...live and learn, right?

11. Inch

Inch Guest

Your hair looks great! I'm just wondering if you've ever tried Joan Rivers Light Blonde? I started out using the Brunette which was dark on my medium to light brown hair, then tried the Blonde which is still slightly dark. I wonder how dark the light Blonde comes out? It's so hard to tell with JR I find.
    Would love to know if you can help with this...before I spend even more money :(
    Thanks.....

12. … AND I'M SOLD lolz wow. Godspeed!

13. RugBug

RugBug Guest

seeing those pictures makes me sad. That was a few months ago...it's gotten so much worse since. But...I do use Joan Rivers Good Hair day at the front of my part.... the part that shows even when wearing my Fall.
    I CAN still go out with my bio hair but I have to use so much Toppik, my head itches. So... nowadays, it's either Fall or hat. ;o(

14. mrm

mrm Guest

rugbug,

i'm so sorry to hear :( i know this might be a silly question but why is your loss moving so fast? is it compounded by thyroid issues?

mrm

15. RugBug

RugBug Guest

Hi mrm!

I have no idea why it's moving so fast. It's just a very VERY long TE, I guess. I won't see my endo until next Monday. So, until then, I have no answers.

16. mrm

mrm Guest

geesh...like this isn't bad enough?!!! :( i noticed you started Spironolactone & rogaine.......anything helping? let us know what the derm says...i'm curious.

17. chicagotosf

chicagotosf Guest

Hi RugBug,

You indicated that you purchased a topper from a Hair Loss clinic in Northern CA. I live in SF and was wondering what clinic you went to. My hair loss is at the point where I probably need a topper.

Thanks!

18. RugBug

RugBug Guest

Hi Chicago! I went to a place called New Look Institute. Pm me for more information.

19. hope4hair

hope4hair Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    Rugbug-

Beautiful hair!!!

So do you have Androgenetic Alopecia or TE? That's what I'm still trying to figure out!

I'm still trying to figure out myself!

Have you ever gotten caught in the rain with your toppik?

20. RugBug

RugBug Guest

hi hope4hair!.......;o( my hair doesn't look like that anymore. I have a very quick moving Androgenetic Alopecia....started with a TE.
    I never did get caught in the rain with Toppik....but I did get caught in a post workout sweat downpour. Yes, it dripped. Yes, right in front of my trainer. Oh well....

I now wear an Illusion Fall from Flora. and, I finally felt I had to quit the gym and now workout at home.