Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

Bad Hair Day

Discussion in 'Women's General Hair Loss Discussions' started by ElPatoEllington, Oct 21, 2016.

1. ElPatoEllington

ElPatoEllington Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    So I've been shedding an ESPECIALLY lot recently at over 150/ day but was hanging in there because my hair didn't really feel or look any thinner. I (obsessively) put it in a ponytail and gauge its thickness and it seems about as thick as it did since my hair started shedding all the way back in April 2014. Occasionally I'd even catch a glimpse of it in the mirror and think "Hey, this isn't so bad." That all ended TODAY because last night after my shower I parted my hair a little deeper than normal in an attempt to break up my massive five-head (unrelated to hair loss- I just naturally have a big old forehead) and this morning I was confronted with a fresh new hell when I woke up to Donald Trump hair! I've always had pretty thin, deeply recessed temples, but they never bothered me until I started shedding. I literally went home from the grocery store because I caught sight of my hair struggling to cover my scalp in a reflection and it upset me that much. I don't know if I have Androgenetic Alopecia because my middle part, even at the front of my hair, is still pretty tight with no real change over the last few years or if this is just a casualty of my 2.5 recurring TE. Or if my hair has always been crappy and now I'm just hyper aware. My anxiety launched me in to a deep review of every photo of myself on Facebook, and all I've been able to determine is that my photos have terrible lighting and resolution. Does anyone else have this? Thank you for reading this rant.. This forum is really the only place where anyone would understand how this feels.

Attached Files: