Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

Bald vs. Balding

Discussion in 'Women's Alopecia Areata' started by sgomez33, Mar 4, 2008.

1. sgomez33

sgomez33 Guest

Since I've been reading all of your wonderful stories and comments I am left wondering. Do you think that being bald is harder or easier to accept than balding?? How does each affect us emotionally? What is more liberating; just going bald, or doing all the necessary interventions to prohibit it??

2. angieangie

angieangie Guest

They're both hard to accept. It's just that when you are balding you are kept wondering for regrowth.

3. Blue Bird

Blue Bird Guest

I have been almost bald, and now thinning/balding.

I think they are both equally as bad.....

4. orbit

orbit Guest

Balding was WAY worse for ME. Such a long drawn out process, so depressing for me.

Now that I'm bald, its really no big deal at. :)

5. Blue Bird

Blue Bird Guest

6. Guest

Guest Guest

with me, it is much easier having a smooth beautiful bald head, like i have.

it is more feminine, sensual and beautiful, having beautiful smooth skin, on a bald lady's head and/or body.

i love being a bald lady and versatility i have with it; ..... how i can wear attractive wigs, beautiful feminine headscarves, or get dolled up and wear my smooth sensual bald look.

7. Blue Bird

Blue Bird Guest

Carol, but what if someone has horrible skin and no hair? I have acne scars (indented ones) and wrinkles and my head shape is horrible and uneven. How do you look good blad when you have bad skin as well???

8. Guest

Guest Guest

you need to take care of your skin. see a doctor, if you feel you need to do that, there are things they can do to improve your skin.

also keep yourself in good shape, have a sexy body.

and take care of your face, and apply your makeup well.

your head shape could be better than you are giving yourself credit for. you might be your own worst critic.

you can also wear makeup on your beautiful bald head as well as your face.

you need to give yourself some credit, and do the best with what you have got when you are wearing the bald look, and not wearing a wig or a headscarf.

it takes a little effort and self-care to make yourself a beautiful bald lady, but it is lovely, and you can do it lady!

9. ginawat

ginawat Guest

I agree. I don't have a pretty face...nice shaped head...or nice skin. I will not make a pretty bald person. My head is completely dented in the back.

10. angieangie

angieangie Guest

I find if you don't have hair, you're more likely to start taking care of your face and skin... the time you used to spend on your hair can just be used on skin instead.

11. Joann

Joann Moderator

Dislikes Received:
    Hi Girls,

My last bout of Alopecia Areata was very severe . It was slow but steady and I did have some success with treatments & regrowth in the beginning. However, eventually I was losing more than was growing back. It was very difficult for me to watch my hair diminishing day by day. When I cut off the last lock of hair left it was such a relief. No more hair left to lose. I was still very sad of course but the daily stress was gone.

I found support groups for Alopecia Areata and womens' hairloss. Her Alopecia was one of the first I joined. Time & being able to get my feelings out with others who totally understood all the experiences and emotions that hairloss brings have brought me to peace and acceptance now.

I can truly say "Bald is Beautiful" :)

Hugs, Joann

[​IMG]

12. sgomez33

sgomez33 Guest