Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

Balding Area

Discussion in 'Women's Alopecia Areata' started by angieangie, Feb 8, 2008.

1. angieangie

angieangie Guest

The back right side of my hair is thining a lot and starting to look like a bald spot. Could this be Alopecia Areata, or could it just be because I always had less hair in that area. I always had less hair on the right than left because of my part. I really hope my TE isn't becoming Alopecia Areata!

2. hairyape

hairyape Guest

Is it a smooth bald spot? Is it just shedding in that isolated area?

3. angieangie

angieangie Guest

Mostly shedding, but it's starting to look like a spot :(

4. hairyape

hairyape Guest

Is it itchy or more irritated than any other area of your scalp?

5. angieangie

angieangie Guest

It is pretty itchy, but my whole scalp is itchy. It is for sure itchier than the rest though. I have like massive dandruff, and I'm almost scared to scrub it off, so I never get it all off when I wash my hair.

6. hairyape

hairyape Guest

Have you checked into the possibility of psoriasis? Itchiness, flakiness, bald patches, all symptoms

7. angieangie

angieangie Guest

It's already growing back pretty quickly. And the skin there is just normal coloured, not irritated.

8. rayneStormRN

rayneStormRN Guest

it doesn't sound like Alopecia Areata to me.

as i'm sure most people with Alopecia Areata can attest, it's literally an instant bald spot. you go to bed, full head of hair, wake up, bald spot.

it's not gradual (the process of developing new bald spots can be a bit gradual, but the spots themselves, ALMOST instantaneous)

9. angieangie

angieangie Guest

Oh, this one only showed up like 4 months into my hair loss. And it's gone now.

10. angieangie

angieangie Guest

Wow, I just washed my hair and that thinning area is nearly gone. I don't understand how it grew in so fast.

11. dying curls

dying curls Guest

i dont get this at all

12. angieangie

angieangie Guest

She means that alopecia areata makes bald spots appear VERY quickly. Instead of an area thinning gradually over a week or more, it would shed to a bald spot within the longest, a few days, some people even over night.

13. dying curls

dying curls Guest

oh yes i had blackout on the Alopecia Areata part

14. angieangie

angieangie Guest

That's alright :)