Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

Becoming Comfortable With Yourself And Embracing Hair Loss

Discussion in 'Living with Androgenetic Alopecia' started by VeeBee, Jan 24, 2018.

1. DivyaJ

DivyaJ Member

Dislikes Received:
    I know exactly how you feel...despite my rather confident post earlier...I know it's weird to say this but I've had this condition for so long now that I feel I would not be me without my hair loss :( but since I wrote that post, my hair has become worse...my hair loss started back in 1997...I'm now 37 and I can barely remember having good hair or how it felt to have long hair.

It's sort of beginning to hit me now...recently I took a picture of my head and that's when I realized how much I have been fooling myself...I'm practically bald... :(

I've been contemplating shaving it all off...would give me a sense of control...but that would be a whole new level of social stigma to deal with...which I can't understand since it is my body!

In all these years, only two doctors have been really kind and considerate and whether or not they offered me actual solutions, I left the clinics feeling better...

I've found ways to hide the condition...my hair strands, in general, are quite thick...so I manage to cover with some of my hair and then use topical hair fibres for the rest...sometimes I couldn't care less...

Malls are a nightmare with their brightly lit dressing rooms :( I hate them...I get so distracted from what I'm trying on...I end up staring at my head and being appalled that I came out like this...that I'm walking around like this.

Speaking of wigs... please try https://freedomwigs.com/ - they are very natural looking and are actually made of human hair...I would love to try them...but they do not have an agent in India and the wigs are supposedly very expensive...and one has to have a shaved head to use these...so I have not been able to try them...

Divya

sunlit likes this.
  2. TinaM1968

TinaM1968 Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    I’m guessing you don’t have hairloss?!?!? So what exactly is your purpose here!?!?!?

DivyaJ likes this.
  3. DivyaJ

DivyaJ Member

Dislikes Received:
    Hey TinaM1968, glad you noted this. I was getting rather annoyed getting notifications for these spammers who are advertising for quacks and do not know the first thing about hair loss or the emotional distress that accompanies it.
    This needs to be flagged with the moderator of this site. Of late, I've noticed quite a few of these spam messages on several threads.
    I've reported the post!

TinaM1968 likes this.
  4. TinaM1968

Dislikes Received:
    Me too! It’s hard enough dealing with all this we are going through without these spammers coming on trying to make money off us. I fell for something like this in the beginning of my nightmare. A lady pretending like she had hair loss and that she used a hair vitamin that stopped it and was regrowing her hair. I bought it expensive it was but I was so desperate. Then as I was researching I found she was a seller for the product Just makes me so mad!

5. DivyaJ

DivyaJ Member

Dislikes Received:
    I know what you mean. Unfortunately, there are so many people out there to take advantage. I just went through my past posts and removed all pictures I uploaded. I don't want someone using my pictures for promoting their business. Makes you feel so unsafe! This is a forum for women, but these spammers are men! I wish there would be stricter moderation for such forums where people are really vulnerable.

6. TinaM1968

Dislikes Received:
    Yea I don’t upload pictures for that reason if I do they are only up for a few

7. admin

admin Administrator
    Staff Member

Dislikes Received:
    This person has been banned.

TinaM1968 likes this.