Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

Beginnings...Therapy advice and guidance needed

Discussion in 'Treatments for Androgenetic Alopecia' started by Fros, Apr 2, 2017.

1. Fros

Fros Member

Dislikes Received:
    It's been a year since I noticed that my hair was falling at an alarming rate and in that year I now have 1/4 of the hair I used to have.

for the past 7 months I have been taking SOLGAR hair vitamins, biotin 10,000 mg and zinc and i have been using the CRESCINA products.

I have noticed less hair loss but almost no hair growth.

My doctor refuses to start an aggressive treatment but I have to do something or else I will go crazY.

i am thinking of getting the following products but I have no idea if the combination is good or bad or in what order and when I should use them ...

1. Rogaine liquid (or rogaine foam? Which is best?)
    2. S5 plus cream (dht blocker)
    3. Tricomin trico pack (shampoo, conditioner and the therapy spray)

should i I continue with the hair vitamins? I mean how long am I supposed to take those ?

also I am scared of stopping the crescina drops because I don't know if the hair loss decreased because of that or just because I am going through a break and it will pick up again (summer I shed more it seems ..)

any suggestions ? Please help ...

2. Lily

Lily Senior Member

Dislikes Received:
    I don't I know anything about crescina, never heard of it. Vitamins are always a good idea but won't specifically help with hair growth unless you are low in a certain vitamin - most of us really aren't. If you start with too many things and have success, you won't know which is working - I would suggest Rogaine either liquid or foam and go from there. I tried Tricomin and didn't really see any positive results.

3. Scorpi08

Scorpi08 Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    Not sure if you have, but I would encourage you to look deeper into the cause of your hair loss. Losing that much hair in such short period of time could be a sign of something going on inside your body. My hair loss prompted me to dig, and I uncovered that I have Hashimoto's thyroiditis (autoimmune hypothyroidism), high cortisol, leaky gut, low ferritin, and my hormones are off balance too. I'm working hard to heal my body and hoping to recover some hair, though I know I'm dealing with Androgenetic Alopecia as well. Good luck!

4. oabab

oabab New Member

Dislikes Received:
    Hello Fros,

Are you still using Crescina? I have FHPL together with TE. i use minoxidil 2% but i was recommended to start with Crecina as well. IT is very expensive and i read that i need to take it at least 4-6 months. Any opinion help!

5. Simona1986

Simona1986 Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    I was on crescina. Expensive, without effect . Like water :)