Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

Best thing for frontal hair loss?

Discussion in 'Styling & Hair Care Tips for AGA Sufferers' started by Arisemysoul, Sep 17, 2011.

1. Arisemysoul

Arisemysoul Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    Hi everyone. I am quickly losing hair all over but it is most obvious in the front and temples. My part is receding more down the back of my head and my crown looks wider. My part does not seem wider, yet however.

What are some products that help with concealing frontal loss? I wouldn't think toppik would work well there. I am thinking about a topper but do you need a lot of hair in front for that to work?

Thanks so much!

2. Hi there, Arisemysoul.

I use the Joan Rivers brush-on concealer in the front part of my hair, because for me it's easier to apply with the brush in that area. And I do wear a topper sometimes. I don't think you need a lot of hair in the front to wear a topper. I don't have a lot of hair left anywhere, as a matter of fact.

My topper has a clip in the front, one on each side and one in the back. You don't have to clip all the clips always. My hair loss shows a lot in the front area, too. I can pull a few bangs to blend with the topper, but believe me, there's not that much of my bio hair to blend. But it's working in the meantime. :)

HTH and be blessed!

3. lemongrass

lemongrass Guest

I think emu oil is worth trying, along with castor oil.

4. Arisemysoul

Dislikes Received:
    Okay lemongrass this is a stupid question :woot: but...do you put the oil on your hair? I saw castor oil and I thought, hmmm, do I take it orally!

5. That's funny, Arisemysoul! I think you put the castor oil on your hair, but I could be mistaken. :woot: However, I don't think the castor oil will work for a concealer:) But there is stuff on the internet about it helping with hair growth. If I had to take it orally, I don't think I could do it, even for hair loss!

6. lemongrass

lemongrass Guest

Topically, lol. They're both edible but I think castor oil acts as a laxative.

Just mix them together and apply to your scalp. Leave them on overnight or less if that's preferable to you (even 30 minutes is good).

7. Cancervive

Cancervive Guest

I saw another thread about SmartPart and it looks so amazingly real. Its a topper that is glued to the crown without having to shave the head and it lasts upwards to 9 months.

8. Vlal

Vlal Guest

A topper with bangs might work for you and some women find it helpful to use some concealers with the topper to conceal any edge that might be visible or to blend with their bio hair (if they use any of their bio hair with it).

9. Arisemysoul

Dislikes Received:
    Lemongrass, that is exactly what I was thinking! LOL! Where do you get emu oil?

Vlal, what kind of concealer would you use for the front to conceal it?

10. Vlal

Vlal Guest

I would probably opt for a powder based one (not the fibres). I actually have used a dark eyeshadow myself, but I know from talking to other women that there are similar products specifically for colouring the scalp... I am not sure of the brand names though.

The way I use it is to give a shadow in amongst my hair where I have lost density as my own scalp is so pale it is very obvious. This stops there from being such a demarkation between the thicker cosmetic hair and my own thinning hair. It's a bit of an art.

11. Lost

Lost Guest

Joan Rivers "great hair day" is a powder form scalp concealer, I use it it works very well .

12. Vlal

Vlal Guest

Thanks Lost! :bravo:

13. Arisemysoul

Dislikes Received:
    I did order the Joan Rivers GHD. I ordered blonde. Should have read more about it on here because it was way too dark. And I really consider my hair dark blonde/light brown. But I called customer service and they are mailing me the light blonde. I hope it works.

Funny but I bought Toppik in blonde and it was so yellow on my scalp, I looked like I had severe psoriasis or something. LOL!

Wish the colors were all the same in these products.

14. Yeah, I got the dark brown and it is kind of darker than my hair, but I just make it work for now. Sometimes I think it looks like I have squirrel hair with the multi-color effect!

15. Lost

Lost Guest

mine matched great I have dark hair and I ordered the dark brown I even use it to touch up my roots buys me a couple more weeks! when I first opened it I thought oh god this does'nt look right but it works.