Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

Best Wiglet or pull through topper?

Discussion in 'Wigs, Extensions, Toppers & Hair Systems' started by lisalisa, Feb 2, 2010.

1. lisalisa

lisalisa Guest

I never had a topper and I am new and would like some advice. What do you feel is the most natural looking topper or pull through wiglet out there? Synthetic or human hair. Thanks!

2. hairscared

hairscared Experienced Member

Dislikes Received:
    Hi,

There is some very nice synthetic hair, although it doesn't
    last as long and its not as real looking to me as European hair.
    I have worn both and I have to say human European hair is by far the most natural realistic hair there is.
    But you have to style and care for European hair like you would your own. But oh its such pretty hair!
    I have thin fine hair ( whats left) and the texture of European hair matches my bio hair very well.
    ...try both ~ its fun to have more then one hair piece or wig...
    I have a very long hair synthetic piece that is total glam and its just for fun, kinda sexy and not practical - but fun for a night out at the bar.
    But I love my Flora hair the mostest! ( its European hair)
    hs

3. angel706

angel706 Guest

The most natural looking one is the one that is going to best match YOUR hair's texture, wave pattern, etc. Unfortunately, it can take a little trial and error to find that.

What works for one person may not work for another. For example, the beautiful Flora pieces hairscared mentioned? Would NOT work for me. My hair is too coarse for lovely hair like that.

I have two Gemtress toppers, both the same model, and I've found that even between the two of them, one is a better match for me than the other. So again, it's trial and error. I believe they are probably Indian hair.

I found that synthetic pieces didn't work too well for me, personally...because the fiber was a bit too shiny-looking, or perfect-looking, or something, for my hair's natural texture.

Do you have anyplace nearby where you can go to try some on in person? That would be my top suggestion, so you can find what is best for YOU. ;)

Good luck!

4. SherryBerry

SherryBerry Guest

If you are ordering ONLINE.. I would suggest getting a few CHEAP try on pieces to get a feel about how the work. Then if you are OK about the effect... go for quality :)

5. What is website for flora toppers?

6. kilkea

kilkea Guest

http://www.designbyflora.com
    She's awesome and will help you thru this difficult process! Good luck!

7. LuBee

LuBee Guest

I agree totally with Angel706. I could never wear fine European hair, and synthetic is too shiny. I have two Gemtress toppers, and the hair is different on both of them, even though they are the same model. I ended up having a couple of custom pieces made. The top is mono with the sides being integrated if I choose. However, I have short hair and I think it would be very tedious and difficult to integrate long hair.

8. Lily

Lily Senior Member

Dislikes Received:
    I started out with integration-style toppers (I also have GemTress pieces) and I just don't see the point, at least for me. If it is integration style on the top, you really don't have a "part" - in fact you must pull enough hair through to cover up the mesh. I switched to the mono top - I think it looks more realistic and it much easier - just clip, brush and go.

9. LuBee

LuBee Guest

Lily, how far apart are the spaces on your integration piece? Also, is the hair tied on the mesh enough to cover the mesh? That's the problem I have with my pieces. Not enough hair to cover good on the top where I need it most, but the sides are okay. But for me the look of the top on an integration is more natural looking, because I don't want a part. I just haven't found the ideal one yet.

10. Lily

Lily Senior Member

Dislikes Received:
    I would say the square-ish openings are about 1/4" in size. If I wear my integration topper, I give the top of my head a close look in the mirror before going out in it. I like the mono top much better.

11. April54

April54 New Member

Dislikes Received:
    Pull through topper as alternative to topper clips

Hello, I am responding to a very old thread from 2010. I see that LuBee said she has a custom topper with mono top and integration on the sides. If LuBee is still active on this site, could you let me know a little bit more about this piece or post a pic?

I have several clip-on toppers, which look great, but the clips hurt, and my hair is thinning, and despite sewing on extra clips, and moving the clips every day, I'm afraid the long term wearing is causing bald spots and more thinning.

What are the alternatives to keeping the topper on? I have enough hair that I do not want to shave or use glue/tape. I have tried replacing some of the clips with wig combs, but they don't hold very well. I thought perhaps that an integration piece would hold in place just by the bio hair pulled through the holes, and it would stay on without clips. Does anyone have experience with integration pieces? Do they stay on without clips? I am afraid the netting would show through, since my hair is very thin.

Thank you!

12. Lily

Lily Senior Member

Dislikes Received:
    I have switched to bonding because my bio hair got too thin to securely hold with clips. I didn't want to do it but am glad I did - I see my stylist once a month for removal, cut, shampoo and rebonding. Yes, I'm not thrilled to have the top of my head shaved, but my solution is not to look in the mirror when the topper is off. I didn't find that an integration top was all that much more secure and I had more bio hair back then.

13. hairtothere

hairtothere Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    With integration pieces you aren't using clips but the piece still has to be fastened to your scalp. They typically use beads similar to those used in keratin bond extensions to fasten the mesh to your head, it has to be removed, cleaned and re-attached every so often...Not many places use integration pieces from what I have found but your best bet is to check your local area and go see someone who uses them if you can find someone.

14. Lily

Lily Senior Member

Dislikes Received:
    I've never heard of this sort of system, interesting. I did use a sort of weave before I decided to bond - my hair wasn't cut, sort of twisted and the piece "sewn" into that with monofilament thread. Probably not the best explanstion, but it didn't harm my bio hair.